Your crocha appeared on the light, it means that you have come a new care-troubled period. The reality of motherhood does not always coincide with expectations, so it is better to ask the characteristics of the children's body in advance. Icota in a newborn is found almost 100% of cases. "Is it dangerous? What is the reason? How to deal with it? " - About this in this article and talk.
What is IKOT?
Before understanding, the reason and method of getting rid of the child from Ikota, it is worth understanding what it is? On the border of the chest and abdominal cavity there is a plot of muscle tissue that is called a diaphragm. When reducing this musculature, the iking sound and spasmodized baby breast motion is heard.
In most cases, the ICTO is not a sign of any deviations, only requires a more subtle care for a newborn child. However, depending on the reasons, the IKOT can be not only short-term, but also last up to an hour. Your baby is concerned about and you are with him, it means you need to help your baby calm down and cope with the attack.
Causes of Icotes
Reducing the diaphragm can provoke several circumstances. In order to help your child, you need to correctly determine the cause of the ailment. In most cases, the fact that the infants often downloads, is caused by as follows:
- Supercooling. The reason for a sharp decrease in the body temperature of the child is circulating cold air indoors;
- Fright. With sharp sound, bright light, in an unusual setting, among new people or animals, the child begins to be nervous, reflexively causing muscle contractions;
- Lactation. The causes of the occurrence of Icotes during feeding period may be several:
- With a rapid flow of milk from the chest, the child is forced to swallow very quickly, and the milk has a direct impact on the walls of the diaphragm, causing muscle contractions.
- With incorrect feeding, together with the food, the newborn swallows the air. This is because the child does not suck the chest;
Read about how to feed the newborn breast milk >>>
- Thirst. The cause of the occurrence of Icotes is the drying of the oral mucosa;
- Swimming a tummy. The insufficient development of the lower departments of the gastrointestinal tract, the increased activity of the intestine is reinforced on the child's diaphragm. More details from how to deal with colic smorite aware: soft tummy >>>
- Violation of nervous centers. This reason is most rare. Icota occurs during brain damage during the period of tooling or generic activity.
As you can see, the causes of the diaphragmatic spasm are caused by both external and internal factors. Periodically, the ICTO occurs in all kids. If the baby does not show anxiety, then you should not worry.
Situations of the occurrence of Ikota
To understand why newborns often play, not always enough simple observation of the health of the health and behavior of the baby. It is important to recognize the cause, and decide what exactly is subject to adjustment. Various situations can provoke the appearance of Icotes.
IKOT after feeding
It is very often encountered in a newborn after feeding. What to do to solve this problem? The emergence of this situation suggests that the cause is the wrong meal. Let's look at what conditions should be observed when feeding:
- The feeding process itself must be held in a relaxed atmosphere. Mom and baby should not distract anything. All thoughts should be positive and aimed at eating;
- The correct attachment of the child to the chest can prevent the cause of the occurrence of Icotes. Position when feeding should be convenient for both for you, and for baby. The head and the body of the newborn must be on the same line. Baby Mcupus, lying on the elbow, should be slightly above the nipple and slightly trapped;
- With artificial feeding, the child is also located in the hands of the mother. Feeding from the bottle must imitate breastfeeding. Communicably visual contact of mom and baby;
- In case of artificial feeding, it is necessary to choose the right nipple. If the hole is too big, then the baby will not have time, as it should, swallow the strong flow of milk. The child will choke, swallow the air, and after some time Ikota will begin;
- No need to feed the child with a dairy mixture in excessive amounts. With too much food, the stomach filled with pressure will put pressure on the diaphragm. Icota will continue until the food is digested;
- When breastfeeding, you should not tear up the baby from the chest, before he does it. If you see that the milk is a lot and the child can not handle such a volume of incoming milk (more often the infants are prone to the age of 1.5 months), then before applying you can follow the milk. How to do this in the article how to grind breast milk with hands >>>
- If the child eating quickly, greedily and there is reason to believe that the child was swallowed by air, then after completing the feeding, the baby needs to hold vertically (with good and right feeding, keep a child after feeding - there is no need). During the first 15 minutes after feeding, the air accumulated in the stomach will independently come out. If you put a child before this, not only of the ICTO is possible, but also strong tightening. Learn from the article, why does the child jump after feeding? >>>.
- Supercooling. This item has an indirect attitude towards improper feeding, but directly to the appearance of Icotes. The child must be appropriately dressed.
Recommended during the meal of the kid groaning so that the skin rest is enriched with oxygen, the body hardened. But do not overdo it, the knobs and legs of the baby should always be warm. If you are inconvenient to wear warm things, it will be sufficient to cover the blanket on top of the baby.
Icota when supercooling
You want your child to grow hard and healthy, so you start hardening a young organism since childhood. It is right! But remember that there should be a measure in everything. The supercooling is a frequent cause of the occurrence of Icotes. Reception of air baths is good, but it is not necessary to completely undressing a child for half an hour. Through room air ventilation is excellent, but the baby is better to bring to another room at this time.
The ambient temperature is significantly different from the one to which the kid got used to the mother's womb. The thermoregulation system in a newborn baby is far from ideal. If an adult warmth does not mean that the kid shares these sensations. Read more about the temperature in the room for a newborn >>>
Important! On a small child it is worth dressing on one layer of clothing more than an adult. This rule should be adhere to not only on a street walk, but also in the room.
It is easy to understand how to get rid of Ikota in a newborn, if the room is cold or the window is a latch. The fact that the kid is frowning, you can determine by touched the base of his neck. If it is cold there - it's worth warm the baby: to press to yourself, cover the blanket or put an extra blouse.
We fight with Ikota
Ikota has been overwhelmed by your baby for a long time. The handles and legs are warm, fed with observance of all rules, but the reason is still not detected. There are many ways to stop the hiking in a newborn:
- If a child over 6 months, then give the child to drink a simple driver or a weak chamomile branch with the conditions set forth in the article when you can give water newborn >>
- Exclude the impact of annoying factors: Turn off the TV, muffle the light, reduce the volume of music and more;
- Calm baby: hug, spoil the song, lulling;
- Make massage and gymnastics;
- Pay or simply so much;
Ikota is a physiological state, the older will be your child, the less it will manifest. With age, the imperfection of the digestive tract will disappear, and the baby will stop disturbing frequent diaphragm reductions.
How moms are struggling with Ikota
Elena, 36 years
My child, Ikota did not immediately after breastfeeding, but after an hour. I did not know what to connect such a reaction. Grandmother advised to give a child to a cloth to drink. I did everything refused, because why to dope the child when he is enough of my milk.
I tried to change the underwear in his room, suddenly the color was blocked, but this was not the reason. I could not answer the question: why the newborn is playing? Ultimately, I decided to change the position of the child when feeding. Since the food intake process lasted about 30 minutes, it was easier for me to do it.
I corrected the position - I am sitting sitting, and the baby lay on a special pillow. What was my surprise that Ikota ceased to the child. That's what the right position means.
Marina, 23 year
Having read in the journal how dangerous overheating for the baby, I began to boot it less. At first, no visible changes were observed, the child was comfortable in a thin shirt at a temperature in the room about 18 оS. After a couple of days, the child began to appear, without visible causes.
I did not give this value, because this features physiology. Yes, the knobs and legs have a slightly cool, but it is hardening. But the day after the day of the ICTO continued with some periodicity. My little did not sneeze, did not cough, namely Ikal. The problem was allowed when I began to wear the baby socks. Let them and not very warm, but apparently it turned out to be enough for the child to feel comfortable.
Evgenia, 32 years old
I have never had any special problems with Ikota. I am very carefully followed by the health of your crumbs. There was no reason for me for concerned that the baby began in a child a week once a week. But still, this is not the most pleasant feeling, so I began to look for the cause and way to solve this problem.
I will not scare a newborn or overlapping the oxygen access to him how adults are struggling with it. I use such a recipe: I just immediately give him the chest. It calms down, and Ikota goes immediately.
Be healthy! Let your baby with the baby go without any problems!
Read also :
Icota in newborns is a clinical sign of a non-specific nature, which can be a manifestation of a certain disease or to wear temporary, symptomatic nature. It is characterized by the IKOT in infants with an involuntary reduction in the diaphragm, intense intensity with a closed voice slot, which provokes a characteristic sound.
Ethiology Classification Symptomatics Diagnostics Treatment
Ikota in newborns is not always due to a certain pathological process: in the first months after birth, such a symptom is quite often observed after feeding. It is due to this formation of the gastrointestinal tract. However, in some cases, the fact that the baby is playing, especially if this happens constantly, such a symptom will definitely be a manifestation of a certain violation in the work of the body.
In the event that the symptom has a pathological basis, there will be an additional symptoms. The nature of the clinical picture will depend on the cause of the occurrence.
Determine the reason that the newborn child often wants, can only a doctor with the help of diagnostic events and physical inspection. In most cases, the newborns can be stopped by conservative events. Do not deal with self-medication.
Icota in newborns may be due to the following etiological factors:
Crossing is the most common reason that the baby is playing after eating; immature diaphragm - in this case, the symptom will be of physiological character and the danger to the life of the baby does not represent; air swallowing during feeding, excessive activity; acid reflux; A sharp change in body temperature - in this case, a newborn is playing in a dream and in a state of wakefulness; irritants in the air; Allergic reactions.
In addition, if the newborn is playing after each feeding, it is likely that the cause of the mother's malfunction can be the cause of this, since the necessary toddler substances at first receives only through breast milk.
Icota in newborns after feeding may be if the following products are present in the diet:
soy; peanut; chocolate; citrus; chicken eggs; Caffeine products.
Therefore, mothers who have children on breastfeeding are not recommended before feeding to consume the above products.
Causes of Icotes in newborns
Icota in children is divided into two types:
Normal. It lasts no more than 20 minutes, it is episodic, it is rarely manifested and without binding to any factors. Pathological. Present almost every day, can manifest itself a few attacks per day. Often accompanied by an additional clinical picture, you must consult a doctor.
Only a doctor can determine the form of manifestation of this symptom with the help of the necessary diagnostic measures.
If the fact that the child often wants does not have a pathological basis, then additional symptoms may be absent.
The attack itself will be characterized as follows:
there is an involuntary reduction of the diaphragm with subsequent ingestion of air; The voice gap overlaps or narrows that it provokes a sound characteristic for ICOT; The frequency of attacks is 3-4 in a few minutes (not longer than 20).
In the event that the newborn is playing due to the development of a certain pathological process, the clinical picture can be characterized by the following symptoms:
frequent joins during feeding, sometimes vomiting; bad appetite; lethargy, the apathetic state of the kid; Capriciousness and crying without visible causes; bad sleep; increasing body temperature; irregular feces - diarrhea, in wheel masses there may be mucus, bile; The kid takes an forced pose, which may indicate pain in the tummy; Elevated meteorism.
With such a clinical picture, it is necessary and urgently need to seek medical help. In any case, if the newborn is playing after feeding and constantly, you need to seek advice from a specialist. Only a doctor after the survey can say how to get rid of ICOT.
In this case, a physical inspection of the baby is a pediatrician toddler.
If necessary, the following laboratory and instrumental and diagnostic measures are carried out:
General and detailed biochemical blood test; Research of carts; Ultrasound abdominal cavity.
How do ultrasound abdominal cavity newborn
In general, the diagnostic program will depend on the current clinical picture and anamnesis of the kid.
In most cases, if the newborn is ikaet, it is enough to apply conservative measures to eliminate such a factor. Medicines, if they need, appoints only a doctor. Alone to give the child any drugs can not.
Parents should adhere to the following rules to prevent Icotes in a child:
breeding a child need a small amount of food, but often; adjust the nipple you need so that it does not fall too much air when feeding; It is impossible to allow sharp movements of the child during feeding; Mothers must be followed by its diet.
If the child often refers to a doctor, it is necessary to seek advice in any case, as this will help to eliminate pathology in a timely manner and eliminate the development of complications.
The article is prepared by a specialist for informational purposes. We urge you not to engage in self-medication. When the first symptoms appear - contact your doctor. We recommend reading: "Why can not be engaged in self-medication?".
Periodically, every newborn baby has an ICTO after it fed. As a rule, this situation does not bear any threat to the health of the baby, does not give him discomfort. However, the fears of young parents make them take various measures to eliminate Icotes. How to properly do and what to do with a newborn baby to understand quite easily, if you understand the mechanism and causes of its occurrence.
Causes of Icotes in newborns
After taking food, a newborn often occurs in a hike.
Causes that lead to this phenomenon:
Air got into the stomach. During the commission of swallowing movements, the child can capture the air. He quickly fills the little stomach in size, stretches it. The body begins to put pressure on the diaphragm, which leads to its reflex contractions and the kid wants. Surplus air can fall into the digestive tract due to the fact that the mother incorrectly applies a baby to the chest, or feeds it from a bottle having too large hole. However, even the use of anatomically faithful nipples and observance of feeding techniques do not always allow to prevent the air in the stomach of the crumbs.
Rubble. If the mother offers a milk child more than it can accommodate his stomach, then it will lead to Ikota. The mechanism of its development is similar to that described in the previous paragraph. Violation of the power mode can also lead to the polishing of the stomach and cause the occurrence of Icotes.
Water deficiency in the body. Newborn, like adults, may be thirst, which will lead to Ikota.
Infectious agents may irritate the diaphragm, for example, influenza viruses and colds, as well as parasitic invasions. The nasal congestion often prevents the child to make sucks and lead to the fact that it captures large volumes of air. However, newborn children have such causes of iris are rarely observed.
Underdevelopment or imperfection of internal organs. The immaturity of the digestive system leads to the fact that intestinal colic has intestinal colic. They are expressed in reinforced gas formation and pain. The more gases accumulate in the intestines, the stronger will be the pressure on the aperture, and therefore, the higher the probability of the occurrence of Icotes.
When the newborn is on breastfeeding, the error in the mother's diet can lead to the Icot. The probability of its occurrence increases, if a woman eats foods such as: caffeine, chocolate, citrus, eggs, peanuts.
Harbo can lead to the ICOT. With this disease, the acidic content of the stomach in the child's esophagus occurs. In addition to Icotes, there will be such symptoms as: Night Sleep Violation, Colic, Frequent Jumping, Elevated Baby Affairs, etc.
The cause of Icotes can become polluted air. If it has a lot of dust or other components that annoy the respiratory tract, the baby will cough. Cough contributes to the reduction of the diaphragm, makes it vibrate, which can provoke the ICOT.
Ikota can appear in a child after feeding, but it will not be associated with meals. In this case, its reasons may be reduced to supercooling or emotional overexcitation. To understand that the newborn is cold, you need to touch his hands, legs, nose. If they are cold, then it means to take measures to insulate the baby: put socks on it, cape, try to increase the ambient temperature. The emotional shock in the kid can happen even when exposed to the most banal factors for which adults do not pay attention. This includes a bright light, a loud sound, a sharp change of the setting and even the appearance in the room of an unfamiliar person. Strengthening the anxiety leads to a spasm of the diaphragm and provokes the ICOT.
How to help newborn cope with Ikota?
If the IKOTE in the newborn occurs immediately after feeding, the first thing that the mother should make is to raise it. It is necessary to give the child a vertical position that will facilitate the process of extracting excess air.
Jumping is a natural for all newborns. It makes it possible to bring out of the stomach not only excess air, but also excess food. Therefore, it should not be frightened. As a rule, immediately after joining the hopping stops.
To facilitate the process of joining the baby, you need to take advantage of the following recommendations:
Take a child in your hands, lifting it in such a way that the head is located above the body. Leave a newborn in this position for 15 minutes.
Sometimes you can cope with Ikota after feeding allow distracting events. To do this, before the child you need to shake a rattle, switting his attention.
You can applied to the stomach crumbs warm diaper.
Credit with icota helps a soft massage of the abdomen clockwise. Such actions contribute to the discharge of gases, deliverance from colic.
In addition to the massage of the abdomen, the back massage helps to get rid of ICOT. The child is located vertically, in a sitting position, supporting his head. Circular movements should be led by his back, carefully rubbing her from the waist to the shoulder,
You can make a baby with warm water.
If the newborn is on breastfeeding and often downloads after eating, you need to make sure that the mixture suits him. In some cases, it is an allergic response to its components may cause abdominal and Icotes. To cope with the problem, you need to abandon the use of an inappropriate mixture.
Reduce the bloating of the abdomen and warn the occurrence of Icotes allow the preparations safe for newborns.
If a woman feeds the baby with breasts, she must follow her diet. Products that can provoke Icotes need to be eaten no earlier than an hour before feeding and in small quantities.
Video: What to do if the newborn is playing after eating?
When should I contact the doctor?
Most often, the newborns in newborns are a harmless phenomenon that independently passes after a short period of time. However, sometimes it may indicate serious diseases and occur independently of meals.
Long-term incessant attacks of Icotes in a child can be a symptom of such pathologies as:
Meningitis, encephalitis and other lesions of the CNS.
Incixing the body against the background of infectious diseases, disorders in the work of the kidneys and liver.
Congenital pathology of the organs of the digestive system.
If the child is playing after each feeding and in the interruptions between meals, and the attacks themselves themselves are stubborn and difficult to eliminate, you need to contact the doctor.
When the ICTO is developing against the background of heavy pathologies, it will not be their only sign. The child will also have other symptoms that indicate that with his health is not all right and he needs medical care.
Ikota prevention in newborns
To prevent the appearance of Icotes in a newborn baby, simple events must be observed:
If the child drinks breast milk, then it is necessary to feed it on demand. When the baby is powered by artificially mixtures, he should eat by the hour. Although under the present time, the specialists did not come to a single opinion on this issue. Some of them insist on feeding on demand. Other doctors indicate that you need to stick to strictly mode.
Before feeding, you need to launch a child on the belly for a few minutes, which will allow an excess air out of the stomach. After feeding the baby, you must hold the column.
If a woman has a lot of milk, then the first portion is best to write. The fact is that the "rear" milk has increased fat and contributes to the best saturation of the child. In addition, such a measure will relieve from overeating.
It is important to ensure that the child quickly captured the chest.
You need to pick a bottle with such a nipple, a hole in which is not too big. Keep it under the right angle.
If the child does not require breasts, you do not need to force it to drink milk.
Temperature in the room where the child is located, should be comfortable. It is important to ensure that the air has sufficient humidity. These measures will allow you to prevent ICOT's development due to hypothermia and thirst.
If the child suffers from colic, then you can take advantage of special anti-tone bottles. Their design prevents the seizure of unnecessary air and warns the development of icotes.
If a child has a baby on the background of colic and other problems with a chair are observed, then a woman needs to reconsider their diet. It is important to refuse to eat food products that contribute to enhanced gas formation.
With the intolerance of the components of the chest mixture, it should be advised with a pediatrician. The doctor will help to choose such a product, which with a lesser degree of probability will lead to an allergic reaction.
Many women refuse feeding if they see that the child began to sick. In fact, it is possible to continue to feed the child, but only if ICOT is not a consequence of overeating. Alternatively, you can stop the feeding process and give a child a small portion of pure boiled water.
Icota after feeding is a natural physiological phenomenon that all parents noticed in life have noticed in life. If it is irregular and quickly passes, it should not worry about this. Most often to cope with it without the help of a doctor. As the crumbs of the Ikota will arise more and less. As a rule, after half a year, this phenomenon itself passes and happens also rarely, as in an adult person. However, if the baby's ICOT is alarming parents, then you need to visit the doctor and try to solve the problem together with a specialist.
Article author: Sokolova Praskovya Fedorovna | PediatricianEducation:
Diploma in the specialty "Therapeutic case" was obtained in the Volgograd State Medical University. Immediately received a certificate of a specialist in 2014Our authors
When the baby appears in the family, the parents comes a restless time. Gradually scatter "Pink Dreams", which you built during pregnancy, and they come to replace real events - domestic, often exhausted and not always pleasant. That they were not so much, it is better to learn in advance as much as possible about the features of the structure of the children's body. For example, what needs to be done so that the baby does not torment the ICOT.
Despite the fact that the ICTO is the process of absolutely natural for a person of any age, the baby does not have to arise too often. How to avoid frequent icotes in newborns and what to do when she comes?
Breastfish Jacks: What is happening in his body?
Let's try to figure out what is the process of Icotes. Imagine a diaphragm (muscle tissue between breast and abdominal cavity): When it is strongly reduced, there is a small spasm in the chest - that is why there is a sharp sound of Icotes.
In itself, the phenomenon of Icotes in infants is not dangerous or pathological. But, despite the lack of deviations, the IKOT delivers certain inconvenience to the child, and therefore it is worth knowing - how to prevent it and how to get rid of it on time. After all, you and the child have nothing to do with anything even small, but still anxiety. And if you know how to prevent IKOT, you will become one problem.
Why newborn ikata
So: Why is the diaphragm, which can serve this reason?
Let's analyze the most common cases why a newborn baby is playing:
- Due to the supercooling of the body: perhaps in the room where the baby is located, too cool, so do not forget to control the temperature in the room, it should be within 22 degrees (no one should overheat the room);
- The child is frightened: he could hear an unexpected sharp sound or, perhaps you turned on the bright light in a dark room; Fright mighty cause new circumstances, people, animals: if the child is nervous, he can have sharp muscle reductions of the diaphragm;
- Certain reasons for breastfeeding: For example, if the flow of milk from the chest flows too active, the baby swallows it very quickly, as a result of the diaphragm, it is sharply reduced and idols occurs; If when feeding the child together with milk swallows air - this occurs in the process of improper applying to the chest;
- The child wants to drink: with the thirst, the mucous membrane of the oral cavity dries and the idol arises;
- In case of meteorism (bloating) of the abdomen: if the baby often happens colic (due to the fact that the lower gastrointestinal departments are not yet well developed or as a result of the intestinal pressure on the diaphragm), they may be accompanied by IKOT;
- In case of violations in the central nervous system, which occurred during pregnancy or childbirth (IKOT, as a result of this reason, it arises very rarely).
Obviously, the spasm of the diaphragm can be caused by a mass of causes and inside the body, and in the external environment. Therefore, it is not necessary to worry when the baby occurs in a kid. If you know why it appeared, you can get rid of it calmly.
In what situations can Ikota have in newborns
So now you can not just obsolently observe the process of Icotes from your child, but also know why it happened. To secure these knowledge, let's look at them in practical examples - in which situations of the Ikota, the kids occur most often.
IKOT after feeding : It arises quite often. Let's figure it out: what needs to be done so that this does not happen. You probably already understood that the ICTO appears and the fact that the process of making food at the baby occurs wrong.
How do you need to organize feeding so that it does not end with Icota?
- feed the kid in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere, let this process be both for both of you with something personal, intimate; Try not to be distracted by conversations and chats by phone, do not watch TV during feeding; Tune in to the positive and completely give the process of feeding, feel like you and the baby calmly and nice;
- From the very first days of breastfeeding learn how to properly apply a child to the chest; Observe all the rules for the position of the child when feeding: Keep the head and body of the child in the same plane, the baby's head can be held on the bent elbow or put on the pad, if you both lie on the bed;
- If you feed the baby-artificial, then tune in advance that the baby bottle is the continuation of the mother's body: support contact with it, keep your baby on your hands when feeding;
- Selecting a bottle for feeding with a mixture, pay special attention to the selection of nipples: its hole should not be too large and match the age of the baby (the product is usually marked and the age of age and the type of nutrition - the liquid mixture, thick porridge, etc.); With too much hole on the nipple, the child will not have time to try out the active fluid flow, so together with the mixture it will get out and air, resulting in an attack of Icotes;
- Do not overflow the baby with a mixture, focus strictly for the safety of the child's weight nutrition (carefully read the recommendations in the instructions for the mixture!); The excessive amount of food will overfill the stomach and will put pressure on the diaphragm, so the ICTO can continue until the moment of complete digestion of food;
- If you are breastfeeding, do not tear the child from food until he wants it himself; If you feel too much a milk stream, with which the child is difficult to cope, then before applying to the chest, the milk from the chest;
- Sometimes the baby can be hungry and therefore begins to eat very quickly, greedily swallowing food, as a result of which he has to capture and air; If this happened, wait for the end of feeding and then hold the kid by the "Stage" (in a vertical position, holding his back) within 10-15 minutes: so you will help to get the accumulated air; During the vertical holding, the kid can overturn part of the food mix with air, but he will most likely avoid.
Icota in supercooling. Your desire to order your baby has been right since birth. However, one thing is to harden, the other is to change. And although many moms do not see the difference in this, the newborn feels very thin. After all, if an adult can calmly stay without clothes in a wrapped room for half an hour and more, then for sensitive skin, such airbags may seem very long. And the fact that for you is the usual ventilation, then for a child - draft.
Why is this happening? While the newborn adapts to the conditions of the external environment, it gradually gets used to the coolness, and to a light breeze, and to reduced temperatures. In the womb of the mother, this temperature was always constant, and the baby did not know what was chilled air flow. So give him time so that he can get used to the new living conditions, do not rush the events, teach the body of the child to hardening gradually. This does not mean that in the first weeks of life it should be boiled in dwarf blankets - just at first spend hardening not too long.
How to make a comfortable air temperature for a child indoors?
- You can focus on the indoor thermometer: experts believe that the temperature in the room where the child is located, should be about 22 degrees;
- After sleep, the baby can frozen slightly, so it's not necessary to immediately undress it completely (if the child swept during sleep - try to change it as quickly as possible in dry clothes);
- When you put a child in a ventilate room, put on it on one layer of clothes more than on yourself (the same rules stick to when you collect a baby for a walk);
- To understand - whether the baby was stopped, the kid, take it handles, legs and spout: they will be slightly cold if the child is frozen.
What to do if the newborn often reads
- If the baby is on artificial feeding, give him a little driver - perhaps it just torments thirst;
- Remove the child away from external stimuli - television, dynamic music, bright light;
- Take the child to the hands, attach to the chest, shake a little;
- If the kid has perch up - a little massage his handles and legs, make a few exercise with him, dress a little warmer;
- If the ICOT appeared in a child in front of the evening sleep - pay it in a warm bathroom, after wrapped in a diaper.
- If the ICTO appears in the child not immediately after breastfeeding, but after some time (half an hour or more), then, most likely, the kid's body reacts to the wrong position when feeding. If you prefer to lie during feeding, try changing the position and do it sitting using special fixtures and pillows.
- Overheating for the child is also unpleasant as hypothermia. Therefore, do not overdo it with burning and hardening. If you feel comfortable in the room at 18 degrees, a child in such conditions and a thin sputum will be too cold. Of course, the baby will not cough and sneeze at such a temperature, but it is likely that Icotes will appear. Therefore, either dressed baby a little warmer (flannel blouse and socks), or maintain the optimal temperature regime in the room.
- Sometimes the kid can be simply excited or slightly frightened with something unfamiliar - from here and idiot. In this case, the best means will be a contact with the body of the mother. Give him the chest (if you practice breastfeeding). Or just take on your hands, spoil the song and calm your baby. Let him feel that mom is near, and it means everything is in order.
- Frequent phenomenon that makes many young parents worry about the state of the baby. But the ICTO is a normal reflex of the body, which does not cause any discomfort. Children can often go during sleep and not even wake up from it.
The position lying on the stomach helps to get rid of ICOT in newborns after feeding
There are many myths about the attacks of Icotes. Some are convinced that at the time of the rank, the baby is difficult to breathe. This is not the case, there are no reasons for concern.
Normally, the kid may appear immediately after feeding and continues from a few minutes to an hour.
Causes of Icotes in babies
Children are tested by ICOT after feeding for the same reasons as adults. The main factors of this phenomenon:
- Air capture during sucking. As a rule, it comes due to improper attachment of the baby to the chest. Also, air swallowing is possible in the process of feeding, when the volume of milk is large and the baby does not have time to suck everything. For this, before feeding, mothers it is recommended to slightly grind milk so that the kid does not choke them in the process.
- Crossing - arises due to large volumes of milk or mixture, which stretch the stomach and squeeze the diaphragm. As a result, the baby jeeps and starts to go. Also, running often occurs when feeding is not in schedule.
- Dry mouth, thirst.
- The overvoltage of the muscles of the diaphragm - as a rule, it occurs if the child is frozen. The temperature in newborns can dramatically decrease, which will cause the overvoltage of the diaphragm muscles.
- Helmintoses, ORZ, acid reflux - provoke irritation of the diaphragm muscles, require mandatory consultation with a pediatrician.
- The immaturity of the diaphragm - the ICOT arises suddenly due to the irregular and arbitrary compression of the diaphragm muscles. As the muscles of the abdomen and the diaphragms become synchronized, the ICOT arises less frequently.
- The diet of a nursing mother - the diet of the mother affects the child.
- Allergies to the components of the mixture or breast milk - can trigger the inflammation of the esophagus, which leads to irritation of the diaphragm and causes the Icot.
If the diaphragmatic spasms arise from a newborn infrequently and do not cause discomfort from him, do not panic. To eliminate pathologies, it is recommended to consult with the doctor and find out the true causes of the state of the child.
For the prevention of Icotes should hold a child vertically after feeding
How to remove and baby
A rare and short-term IKOT in a newborn usually does not require any measures and passes independently, without delivering discomfort to the child. But if the apertures of the diaphragms arise often, one by one, you can use such recommendations:
- Attach baby to chest and feed a little. This will help to relax a diaphragm.
- To coat the dudder or finger (clean!) In sugar syrup and give to suck the child. Thus, it will be possible to loosen the aperture voltage. Older children can give several sugar crystals under the tongue.
- Conduct the back massage. For this, the child is located vertically, circular movements stroke the back and lower back. Also, the massage can be performed in the position lying on the stomach. Massage movements perform slowly, without pressure.
- Hold the kid by the "Stage" a few minutes after feeding. It helps faster out the excess air. The child can jump out, which will also testify to get rid of excess air.
- Abstraction. To do this, you can use any interesting, bright and not very noisy subject (children's rattle). With it, it is possible to get rid of Icotes, which occurs as a result of the nervous voltage of the diaphragm muscles.
- Give a baby to dill water. Alone, without medical advice, it is not recommended to do this. However, if the doctor permits to drink a baby with dill water, it is worth allowing him to drink, then hold a few minutes in a vertical position.
All the actions described above are committed during the ICOT of the child, as well as for its warning (for example, holding a child in a vertical position after feeding with a mixture or breasts). Some recommendations for the chickness of Icotes in babies can be combined.
When to doctor?
To the doctor you need to turn as quickly as possible:
- with gastroesophageal reflux;
- with frequent and restless attacks of Icotes;
- With long-term attacks (IKOT continues throughout the day).
It is important to follow the condition of the child and his breathing. Mandatory must be reported to the pediatrician if a whistling breathing is heard during Icotes.
What to do for the prevention of icotes in newborns
The main final stage of full feeding is belching. It is she who becomes excellent prevention of Ikota and colic in a newborn.
To prevent the development of Icotes, you need to carefully monitor the nutrition of the baby, as well as the diethie of mom.
According to the majority of pediatricians, it is reprocessing - the main cause of the diaphragmatic spasms. In order to prevent flipping, it is recommended to adhere to several rules:
- Feed the baby with small portions and longer in time.
- Properly apply the baby to the chest (feed with a mixture of the bottle), keep it at the same angle of 35-45 degrees.
- If a child can sit independently, feed it in a sitting position.
- Monitor the correct chest seizure or bottles.
- Clean the bottle and nipple regularly.
- If the baby fell asleep during feeding, immediately draw a filled bottle so that he does not choke a mixture during sleep.
It is prohibited from the bottle during sleep. If the chest needs to be sucking to get milk, a mixture of a bottle is capable of leaving yourself. Especially if the nipple is incorrectly chosen, it is already in use or a hole in it is disproportionally large.
It is advisable to reveal and eliminate the causes of icotes
What is forbidden to do when Iikote
Many parents believe that it is possible to cope with newborns with "adults" by the methods that they often use themselves to relieve the diaphragmatic spasms. This is strictly prohibited, as it can entail a number of adverse effects.
What can I do:
- Scare a child - a loud cotton or a cry can injure the psyche of the newborn and provoke stuttering in the future. This also applies to the use of loud items that can also scare the child.
- Giving a child sour lollipops.
- Baby knocking on the back or chest - the babies have a too fragile skeleton, so any gross effect can lead to difficult consequences.
Mom's calm is the key to the success and health of the child, so if Ikota needs not to panic, but fully assess the situation. Icota is a temporary phenomenon that can disappear independently. But if other symptoms, causing anxiety at your mother or child, are present, causing anxiety with a specialist.
It is also interesting to read: IKOT in pregnancy