What is a headache during pregnancy?
Headache - This is one of the most frequent symptoms that can occur in any trimester of pregnancy. About 35% of future mothers face with this problem. Most women have a headache in the first trimester of pregnancy tends to strengthen. Headache may accompany a variety of diseases and pathological conditions, providing a negative impact on the overall well-being of the future mother and the baby, the quality of life.
Headache arising during pregnancy causes some concern about the future mother. Most often, this problem affects women in the first trimester when hormonal changes occur in the body. As a rule, in the second trimester, headaches subside. This is due to the fact that the body of the future mother adapts to what is happening changes and not so sharply reacts. Pregnancy can be a provoking factor in headaches in women who often complained about her presence. On time, the detected headache during pregnancy contributes to the choice of the optimal treatment regimen and reducing the risk of developing any complications.
Classification of headaches
In international classification, 85 different types of headaches are distinguished. About 90% of headaches that accompany women during pregnancy make up migraine and headache. Every day, the emerging headache can cause significant suffering and influence the overall health of a pregnant woman.
During pregnancy, the following types of headaches are distinguished:
- primary ( idiopathic ) headache - this is pain in the head of the head, characterized by the absence of any pathology, which could be the cause of the appearance of headaches;
- secondary ( symptomatic ) headache - this is a headache resulting from any diseases ( Injuries, vascular disorders, infection ).
Distinguish the following varieties of primary headaches:
- Migraine ( with aura, without aura, mixed )- One of the most common headaches. Migraine is characterized by intense, pulsating, parlor ( The attack lasts from 4 to 72 hours ), painful headache, more often on the one hand. May be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, photophobia ( photophobia ), phobiobia ( Fear of loud sounds ), excessful day sleepiness ( hypersmania ). In 50 - 80% of women there is a decrease in the frequency of the occurrence of migraine attacks during pregnancy ( 47% - in the first trimester, in 83% - in the second trimester and in 87% - in the third trimester ). Full remission ( Lack of clinical manifestations It is observed in 11% of women in the first trimester, in 53% in the second and 79% in the third. At the same time, about 10% of women complain to an increase in the frequency of migraine attacks in the first trimester.
- Stress headache - It is a compressive, pressing, usually bilateral headache, which appears with normal physical activity and continues from a few minutes to several days. It grows gradually, rarely appears after awakening. The headache of the voltage that persists after the first trimester, most often continues throughout the pregnancy.
- Cluster headache - It is strictly unilateral, unbearable headache, which most often occurs in the area of the eye or in the temporal area. On the pain side can develop tearing, redness of the eyes, the narrowing of the pupil, omission, or eyelids, nasal congestion, runny nose ( rhinitis ), sweating. Cluster headache may occur daily, repeatedly during the day ( up to 8 times ) And continue from 15 minutes to 3 hours.
Causes of headaches during pregnancy
Causes of headaches during pregnancy can be a variety of. It can be an independent symptom or talk about the presence of any disease. In the first trimester, the occurrence of headaches bind, as a rule, with a hormonal restructuring in the body of a woman. Hormonal changes ( Raising estrogen and progesterone ) arising during pregnancy can affect the frequency of occurrence and force of headaches. During this period, adaptation occurs, and all organism systems are doubted. In this case, headaches may occur when the usual power is changed ( Slowback of coffee ), lifestyle. Headache can be observed in women who suffered from her during menstruation. Physical stimuli ( Bright shimmering light, noise, sharp smells ) There may also be one of the reasons for the appearance of headaches.
In the second trimester, this symptomatic is observed significantly less often. In this period, headache can often be caused by any disease in which the blood circulation of the brain is disturbed ( Meningitis, cervical osteochondrosis ). In the second trimester, a woman must observe the day of the day in order not to give the body to overload and lack of sleep.
The appearance of headaches in late terms ( in the third trimester ) It may be a dangerous symptom. During this period, the body of a woman is depleted, its weight increases, which leads to changes in the posture and the appearance of headaches. Another reason may be a sense of fear and tension before the upcoming births.
The following causes of primary headaches are distinguished:
- migraine - arises in response to the activation of a special mechanism in the brain, which leads to a release around the nerves and blood vessels of the head of inflammatory substances causing pain;
- Stress headache - appears most often against the background of stress or in the presence of skeletal muscle problems of the neck;
- Cluster headache - arises as a result of violations in the work of the biological watches of the body.
The following causes of secondary headaches are distinguished:
- Arterial hypotension - this is a decrease in blood pressure below the boundaries of the norm ( below 100/60 millimeters of mercury pillar ). At the same time, such symptoms can be observed as weakness, lethargy, the headache of the middle force in the field of temples, dizziness, the sensation of the lack of air, the reduction of working capacity.
- Arterial hypertension - It is an increase in blood pressure above the boundaries of the norm ( above 140/90 millimeters of mercury pillar ). An increase in blood pressure during pregnancy can talk about some unpleasant states. It can be chronic ( Hypertension that existed before pregnancy, or revealed to 20 weeks of pregnancy, remains after 6 weeks of birth ) or gestational ( After 20 weeks of pregnancy occurs, the pressure is normalized after 6 - 8 weeks after delivery ) Arterial hypertension that require observation. Other options in which arterial pressure may increase, such conditions as preeclampsia may be ( Protein in urine ) or severe preeclampsia ( Protein in the urine along with other clinical symptoms or laboratory violations ). Blood pressure also increases with eclampsia ( cramps, protein in the urine, deviations in laboratory indicators ) or hellp syndrome ( Improving the activity of hepatic enzymes, hemolysis, thrombocytopenia ). Any of the emerging states requires immediate advice of the doctor. With an increase in blood pressure, the headache is usually a pulsating character with localization in the occipital zone. There may also be dizziness, flies before your eyes, sometimes - nasal bleeding.
- Anemia - this condition in which the amount of hemoglobin is reduced in the blood ( Iron-containing protein, which is an erythrocyte component ) and red blood cells ( Red blood cells carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide ). Pregnancy anemia is characterized by general weakness, headache, dizziness, ears noise, flickering flies in front of the eyes, rapid heartbeat ( tachycardia ). With long anemia, a trimming state occurs, the skin condition changes ( Pallor, dryness ), hair ( Broof ) and nails ( Lyubility, laying ).
- Arteriovenous malformation - This is a congenital anomaly of blood vessels in the brain. During pregnancy, this anomaly can increase, bleed and deprive the brain of sufficient food. Clinical manifestations depend on localization ( Location ) Melformation.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage - this is hemorrhage into subarachnoid space ( The cavity between the sputum and soft shells of the brain ). Often occurs as a result of the rupture of arteriovenous malformation. The headache occurs suddenly and reaches the maximum intensity in less than one minute.
- Stroke - It is a sudden violation of cerebral circulation. Symptom of stroke varies and depends on type ( Ischemic, hemorrhagic ) And the location of the focus in the brain. The most frequent manifestations are headache, nausea, vomiting, neurological symptoms, visual impairment and consciousness. It is believed that during pregnancy increases the risk of stroke.
- Meningitis - This is the inflammation of the shells of the brain. Clinically manifests a headache ( Cut, common ), sudden vomiting, which does not bring relief. Also, convulsions, violation of consciousness, meningeal symptoms may also be observed ( The rigidity of the occipital muscles, the meningeal posture, the symptoms of Kerniga ).
- Intracranial hypertension - This is an increase in pressure in the cavity of the skull. It occurs as a result of an increase in the volume of spinal fluid, tissue fluid, blood. The main manifestation of intracranial hypertension is a headache. Also, there may also be nausea and vomiting, and with a long flow - twin in the eyes, disorders of consciousness, convulsions.
- Cervical osteochondrosis - this is a chronic disease of the cervical spine, developing as a result of nutritional disorders ( blood supply ) cartilage fabrics and bodies of the vertebrae. The main symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis are strong headaches, sudden dizziness, flashing flies in front of their eyes, noise in the head.
- Brain tumors - This is a group of various neoplasms ( Benign and malignant ), which occur in the brain, as a result of uncontrolled cell division ( Neurons, glial cells ). Depending on the type of tumor, the headache may be dull, cutting, non-permanent. In some cases, the appearance or enhancement of headaches in the second half of the night is characteristic. A few hours after waking, the pain becomes slightly less painful. Often the brain tumors are accompanied by such symptoms as vomiting ( Not related to meals ), dizziness, impairment ( fog, flies before eyes ), convulsive seizures, memory violations, thinking, perception.
Primary headaches themselves do not pose any threat to pregnancy. At the same time, migraine increases the risk of developing some disorders ( Enhance arterial pressure ) in this period. Most headaches are associated with diseases of the nervous system. Obstetric gynecologists when identifying any symptoms ( Clinical or laboratory ) Must send pregnant women to the relevant specialist, appoint additional surveys and prevent the development of any complications.
Diagnosis of headaches during pregnancy
The diagnosis of headaches during pregnancy starts from the collection of anamnesis ( Poll patient ). Properly assembled history allows you to establish the cause of headaches in 80% of cases without additional surveys. At the same time, the doctor must assess the character, localization ( Location ), duration, intensity and dependence of its occurrence and disappearance from external factors. In the nature, the headache may be a dull, grazing, powder, pulsating, sweeping. By location, you can select local ( local ), diffuse ( Common ), one-sided or bilateral headache. An important point is to determine the duration of such pain. Is it present constantly or is an approached. Asking pregnant, it is necessary to figure out, after which it appears ( Bright light, excessive physical exertion and other ) And the headache disappears.
When collecting anamnesis, the doctor should find out if pregnant has any accompanying symptoms, as well as as previous pregnancy proceeded. Often it helps the doctor to identify the cause of headaches and determine the mechanism of its development. As a rule, a pregnant woman is prescribed some additional methods of surveys that allow you to accurately determine the cause and appoint the most effective treatment. The inability of the doctor in time to identify predisposing factors to the development of headaches can lead to high morbidity and mortality.
Regardless of the cause of the conversion of a pregnant woman, an obstetrician-gynecologist should measure blood pressure, check the presence of edema. During the planned examinations of pregnant, the preventive surrender of the general analysis of blood and general urine analysis is appointed. In severe cases, additional diagnostic methods may be needed, which include electroencephalography ( EEG ), radiography, angiography ( Research of blood vessels ), Ultrasound ( ultrasound procedure ), computed tomography ( Kt. ), magnetic resonance tomography ( MRI ) other. Listed diagnostic methods help the doctor to determine the cause of headaches. Some of the studies allow the doctor to judge the work of the brain as a whole, others help to identify the vascular lesions of the brain, indirect signs of the tumor, brain circulation disorders, the consequences of a stroke.
General blood analysis
Common blood test is appointed several times throughout the entire pregnancy. An important point is the blood delivery when registering and immediately before childbirth.
Common blood test is surreated on an empty stomach. Blood for study is closed from veins. Above the place of injection harness. The area of the injection is directly disinfected with an alcohol napkin. After that, they are punctured by a needle connected to the holder and bring a sterile test tube for a set of the required amount of blood for the study. Then they remove the harness, remove the needle and the alcohol napkin is applied to the place of puncture, which must be tightly held for 3 to 5 minutes to avoid the formation of a bruise.
In general blood test, the cellular components of blood - hemoglobin, hematocrit, erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets, SEP are investigated. sedimentation rate of erythrocytes ). According to the results of this analysis, the doctor can reveal in pregnant anemia, inflammatory processes in the body, dehydration, blood coagulation disorders.
General urine analysis
General urine analysis is a simple and affordable method of laboratory diagnostics, which is propyly appointed by all pregnant women. A few days before the analysis, it is necessary to abandon products that can affect urine color ( Beets, carrots, various marinates ). On the eve of the evening and directly in the morning before collecting urine, a toilet is held ( Hygiene ) genital organs with warm water.
For the analysis they collect morning urine. Watering is collected in a sterile plastic container. During the collection of analysis, about 50 millilitres of urine are missed. Then, without interrupting urinals, collect an average portion of urine for analysis ( About 100 - 150 ml ) In the container so that it does not touch the skin. After that, the container is tightly closed with a lid and goes to the laboratory for further research. At the same time, the volume, color, urine density is investigated. Also evaluated biochemical ( Protein, glucose, bilirubin ) and microscopic ( Erythrocytes, leukocytes, epithelium, bacteria ) indicators.
In general analysis of the urine of a pregnant woman, a doctor can alert an increase in microscopic indicators above acceptable values. This can talk about any diseases of the kidneys or urinary tract. The appearance of a protein in the urine in combination with other symptoms ( Edema, increased blood pressure ) It may indicate preeclampsia, eclampsia or other diseases.
Biochemical blood test may be appointed pregnant in order to identify violations in the work of various organs. Special attention is paid to indicators characterizing the work of liver and kidney, which may indicate various complications of pregnancy ( Preeclampsia, Hellp-syndrome ).
For the surcharge, it is necessary to properly prepare to get the most reliable results. On the eve of the evening, fat, oral foods exclude from the diet. Liquids are allowed to drink simple non-carbonated water. Analysis for rent on an empty stomach, after eight-hour starvation.
Blood fence for analysis is made from veins. As well as with the overall blood test on the shoulder lay the harness. In the area of the injection, they are treated with an alcohol tampon, then a needle is introduced into the vein, they take the harness and blood for analysis is gaining a special sterile test tube. After that, blood is sent to the laboratory for further research.
Research of the Eye DNA
Study of the Eye DNA ( Ophthalmoscopy. ) It is carried out in a dark room using a special device - an ophthalmoscope. For the best visualization of the eye bottom before starting the study, the patient burst the eye drops that contribute to the expansion of the pupil. From the ophthalmoscope is the source of light, which the doctor directs the patient through the pupil and estimates the state of the optic nerve, the retina ( Inner sheath eye ) and the vessels of the eye dna.
Headache, which occurs during pregnancy and is accompanied by flashing flies before eyes, is often associated with vascular disorders or spasms of vessels on the eye day. The eye study is carried out at any manifestations of headaches, but it is especially important to carry out it for preeclampsia, arterial and intracranial hypertension.
Study of fields of view
Study of vision fields ( perimetry ) - This is a research method that estimates the boundaries that see the eye if it is fixed at one point. To do this, the patient sits in front of a special device and fixes its chin on the stand. The glance must be fixed on the center point in the device. The point automatically begins to move in different directions. If the patient sees it, then presses the button. The study is carried out separately for each eye. According to the results, the doctor assesses the boundaries of the fields of view. Violation of visual fields may occur with preeclampsia, intracranial hypertension, cervical osteochondrosis.
Treatment of headaches during pregnancy
Treatment of headaches during pregnancy represents some difficulty. This is due to the fact that during this period, almost all drugs are contraindicated. At the first manifestations, doctors recommend trying to get rid of headaches on their own. For this, the future mother should avoid stressful situations, be able to relax and perform some exercises to facilitate such an unpleasant symptom as a headache. It is strictly allowed to run pain syndrome, calculating that everything will pass. Long-term sense of headaches can only aggravate the situation and lead to some complications ( Spazm muscles, brain hypoxia, lymphostasis ).
Medicase treatment should be as secure as safe and efficient during pregnancy and lactation ( lactation ). In general, an approach to the treatment of headaches during pregnancy is the same as non-empty, for some exceptions. Timely identification and treatment of headaches avoids mistakes, preserve pregnancy and give birth to viable fruit.
Medicase treatment should be appointed exclusively by a specialist, since the headache may be a manifestation of serious diseases, which, in turn, can have a negative impact on the course of pregnancy. Treatment should be selected individually in each case. It depends on the overall state of the woman and the fetus, the causes of the headache, as well as from the period of pregnancy. The inability to cope with chronic headache during pregnancy can lead to nutrition disorders, dehydration, symptoms of depression, aggravation of certain diseases ( Arterial Hypertension, Epilepsy ).
The main groups of drugs are:
Of the painkillers during pregnancy, such a drug as paracetamol is most common ( Acetaminophen, Panadol ). Paracetamol in standard doses is considered to be a choice for the treatment of headaches in any trimester of pregnancy, as it has proved its safety. At the same time, paracetamol can have a temporary adverse effect on the uterus and platelet function ( Blood cells ). Each drug has its own contraindications ( Diseases of blood, liver, kidneys and others ) that should be taken into account before receiving.
To antispasmodics, the use of which is allowed during pregnancy include drootaverin ( but-shp. ), Papaverin. Their use does not have a negative impact on the development of the fetus. In any case, before applying, it is necessary to consult a doctor to identify individual features and possible contraindications ( Violation of the function of the kidneys, liver, heart disease ). In the late pregnancy, antispasmodics are used with extreme caution. This is due to the relaxation of the muscles of the uterus, which can provoke premature labor.
From a group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs ( Npvp ) These drugs such as ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, aspirin can be used. It is allowed to assign NSAID in the second trimester of pregnancy. Later, their use is limited, as they can have a negative impact on the kidneys of the future mother and the development of the child. Purpose of low doses of acetylsalicylic acid ( aspirin ) It is relatively safe, but it is not always effective. The use of any medicinal drug during pregnancy is necessary to coordinate with the attending physician. In some cases, it may be necessary to simultaneously appoint antiwest drugs ( Domperidon, Metoklopramid, Prokhlorperazine ).
In some cases, preparations from a group of tryptans can be assigned to which subpripan, napatriptan, zindriptan. The use of drugs from this group can be justified in the case of frequently repeated headaches ( Migraine, cluster headache ) With episodes of vomiting. They are not contraindicated in pregnancy and do not increase the risk of congenital malformations from the fetus. However, before applying, it is worth consulted with a doctor.
In case of migraine, if necessary, long-term prevention, magnesium preparations and vitamins of group B are recommended. At about half of the cases, the headache for migraines depends on the amount of magnesium in the body. As a rule, in eliminating magnesium deficiency with drugs, the headache passes, or the number of attacks decreases. Vitamins of groups in normalize the work of the nervous system, having an anti-stress and analgesic effect. It is important to remember that the decision on the reception of any even the most harmless drug must be coordinated with the attending physician to avoid negative consequences.
Folk remedies for the treatment of headaches are known for many times and widely applied on their own. Despite this, a woman should relate to the use of any folk techniques with extreme caution, as they are not always safe and effective. It is important to understand that no folk recipes will replace the campaign to the doctor and are only an additional treatment method. Before starting treatment, in this way, pregnant should consult with his attending physician who will help assess the individual characteristics and the need for such treatment.
There are the following options for folk treatment:
- Chamomile flowers. One tablespoon of dry daisy flowers must be pouring a glass of boiling water, cover and insist for 30 minutes. After that, the resulting infusion is to strain. It is recommended to take 3 - 4 times a day before eating, about 100 milliliters.
- Melissa. Three tablespoons of dry melissa pour 250 ml of boiling water. After that, it is covered and left to strengthen about 30 minutes. The resulting decoction takes two tablespoons every two hours. Melissa also can be added to ordinary tea, which will have a soothing effect.
- Mint, Creeps and Oregano. Equal of the amount of mint, Cyprus and souls must be pouring a single glass of boiling water. After that, leave to be broken, strain. The prepared drug collection take 1 - 2 times a day.
- Capported leaf. Cabbage leaves are used as a compress. To do this, you need to take a small cabbage sheet and attach to the forehead and temporal area.
- Potatoes. Raw potatoes must be rubbed onto the grater or cut into circles and apply to the forehead and temples area. Underlet potatoes are placed in a gauze bag and used as a bummer.
Preventing headaches during pregnancy
The prevention of headaches is a set of measures aimed at preventing its occurrence and eliminating the risk factors affecting its development. With headaches, doctors recommend leading a special diary, which will help identify the most frequent causes of headaches. In this diary, you must record information about exercise ( Gymnastics, housework ), sleep mode ( Fucking and lifting time ), as well as the used products ( Nuts, bananas, chocolate, coffee ). During pregnancy, it is necessary to fully rest and follow some general recommendations for preventing the development of headaches.
There are the following measures to prevent headaches during pregnancy:
- observe the day of the day ( Full holiday );
- Do not expose the body with stress and overwork;
- make walks outdoors;
- eat rationally;
- consume a sufficient amount of fluid;
- engage in secretion procedures ( If there is no contraindications );
- avoid intense loads;
- avoid noisy places;
- categorically exclude smoking and alcohol intake;
- Attend a doctor regularly.
What is dangerous headache during pregnancy?
Headache for pregnancy is not always harmless and can signal about dangerous violations. It is important not to ignore and not to launch any of its manifestations, since the normal development of the fetus may violate in the absence of treatment. It is not necessary to worry much if the headache appeared once and is associated with stress, overwork, bright light. In this case, pain often passes independently when the provocation factor is eliminated. If the headache is constant, unbearable and is not amenable to non-drug treatment, then the development of serious diseases can be assumed. Only timely diagnosis will allow to identify the cause of headaches and prevent the development of complications. Headache is a special danger when it occurs simultaneously with other symptoms. In this case, it is necessary to urgently ask for advice from a specialist.
Distinguish some signs of dangerous headaches:
- increasing headache intensity;
- headache arising or reinforced during exercise;
- sharply ( suddenly ) emerging headache;
- The occurrence of headaches at the same time as other symptoms ( nausea, vomiting, vision impairment, blood pressure jumps );
- Headache at high temperature ( Above 38 degrees );
- weakness in limbs, speech disorders, numbness of the body;
- Inhibition, confusion of consciousness.
In the second trimester of pregnancy, the future mother must be followed by arterial pressure. Most often, such dangerous states as preeclampsia or eclampsia can develop during this period. These complications are accompanied by edema, the presence of protein in the urine and an increase in blood pressure. With a sharp increase in blood pressure above 140/90 millimeters of mercury pillar ( mm. RT. Art. ) Could join seizures, violation of vision. The development of such a state is dangerous for both mom and baby. When untimely interference, bleeding may occur, pairing placenta, blindness, renal failure. Other pathologies are relatively rare. Nevertheless, it is important to detect symptoms in time and take the necessary measures. Suddenly evolving ( lightningry ) High intensity headache can talk about hemorrhage in the brain. Regular headaches arising in the second half of the night may indicate the presence of brain tumor. For one symptom, it is impossible to establish the correct diagnosis. Only the doctor can effectively and in the complex to assess the condition of a pregnant woman and assist to avoid the development of hazardous states.
Why do not tolerate headache during pregnancy?
Many doctors who are engaged in the studies of the brain, argue that it is impossible to tolerate the headache. This is especially true of headaches arising from pregnant women. Headache for pregnancy is a kind of stress, and any stress can lead to an increase in tone ( contractility ) Uterine. This, in turn, can create a threat to interrupting pregnancy. Strong headache affects the entire body. At the same time, heartbeat, pulse, structures blood pressure. All these changes may adversely influence both future mom and the baby.
Often the appearance of headaches is related to the impaired blood flow in the brain vessels. With regular occurrence, oxygen starvation is gradually developed ( Hypoxia ) brain and dying ( necrosis ) nervous cells. The stronger and more often the headache occurs, the faster the neurons are damaged ( nerve cells ). Subsequently, this can lead to a decrease in mental abilities and premature aging of the brain.
Are essential oils apply with headaches during pregnancy?
The use of essential oils to reduce headaches during pregnancy is permissible, however, has its own characteristics. In any woman during this period, individual intolerance may occur ( allergic reaction ). Allergic reaction can manifest itself in the form of rash, redness, increasing headaches. It is important to avoid self-medication and choose only natural oils that have all the relevant quality certificates. Before applying any essential oil, it is recommended to consult with the attending physician and spend the test for allergies. Not all oils are used during pregnancy. When they get into the blood, they can affect both the mother's organism and the fruit. The use of oils in the first trimester of pregnancy is limited. This is due to the fact that during this period the placenta is still formed. After the formation of the placenta is completed, it has a protective effect, and, starting from the second trimester, the use of essential oils is safer for the fetus. To reduce headache symptoms, women can recommend lavender essential oils, lemones, verberies. Each oil has its own unique effect. With a headache, a few drops of oil are applied to whiskey and massage them. Pregnant women are advised to use minimal dosages of essential oils.
Can the headache be a sign of pregnancy?
Headache can be a sign of pregnancy, but it is not a specific symptom. In early terms ( Before delaying menstruation ) When the pregnancy has not yet been confirmed, a woman can detect some symptoms. These include headache, dizziness, nausea, bloating, increased appetite and fast fatigue. All these symptoms only indirectly indicate pregnancy. In order to make sure the woman is pregnant or not, it is necessary to spend a pregnancy test, visit an obstetrician-gynecologist and perform an ultrasound ( ultrasound procedure ).
In the first few weeks of pregnancy, the headache may occur quite often, but the pain in this weak intensity. The occurrence of headaches in the early stages of pregnancy are associated with increasing the level of some hormones. In most cases, such headaches independently pass by the end of the first trimester of pregnancy.
What can the headache and nausea mean during pregnancy?
Headache and nausea during pregnancy can talk about different states. With a constant headache and feeling of nausea, a pregnant woman becomes irritable, it decreases the concentration of attention and level of performance. All this may be signs of toxicosis or be a signal of a serious illness that needs emergency treatment.
Nausea and painful headache on any period of pregnancy can talk about migraine. At the same time, vomiting may also occur, fear of light and loud sounds. In the second or third trimester of pregnancy, the appearance of nausea, headaches against the background of increased blood pressure, as well as an increase in protein content in urine and vomiting can talk about such a complication of pregnancy as preeclampsia. When preeclampsia, hospitalization and urgent delivery may be needed. This condition requires careful observation of the doctor and urgent measures aimed at normalizing the condition of pregnant. Otherwise, preeclampsia can grow into an even more terrible complication - eclampsia. At eclampsia, against the background of a very high blood pressure, a convulsive attack can occur until coma.
Any of the diseases that causes the development of secondary headaches ( stroke, intracranial hypertension and others ) It may be accompanied by nausea. You should pay attention to the presence of other symptoms ( Edems, convulsions, speech disorders and others ), which accompany headache and nausea. In the presence of these symptoms, during pregnancy, everything is impossible to let everything on samonek. It is necessary to immediately consult a doctor to find out the cause of everything that is happening and starting the necessary treatment.
How to get rid of headaches during pregnancy?
In the event of a headache during pregnancy, the first thing you need to seek help to a doctor. In order to get rid of headaches, it is important to find out the reason for which it originated. Initially, the doctor must assess the character of the headache and the mechanism of its development to choose the most effective method of treatment. Sometimes additional examination methods may be needed ( Laboratory, instrumental ) to identify the cause of the headache with accuracy. As a rule, prophylactic measures are enough to stop the headaches during pregnancy. Pregnant woman is important to observe the day of the day ( sufficient sleep and rest ), rationally eat and not subject the body with stress. It is also necessary to avoid intensive loads, too bright light, sharp odors, noisy companies or places. In some cases, the headache during pregnancy does not require any treatment, as it is often associated with the hormonal restructuring in the body of a woman and can independently go to the end of the first trimester. In the event of a diagnosis in a pregnant woman, a disease that causes the appearance of headaches may need specialized treatment. Oplain is categorically not recommended.
With a weak and inappropriate headache, you can resort to simple techniques that will help you get rid of it. A pregnant woman needs to relax and close their eyes. This will contribute to the overall calmness and tension removal. A good addition to relaxation will be calm music. Massage also helps to remove headache due to improving blood circulation and muscle tension removal. To do this, it is necessary for someone to massage the temporal and occipient pieces of the head, as well as shoulders. The use of any drugs or folk treatments requires prior consultation with a specialist.
Is it possible to use a plaster from headaches during pregnancy?
Headache plasters are applied during pregnancy, since they do not contain medicinal components and are considered safe. They are shown at the headaches of any etiology ( Migraine, cervical osteochondrosis, blood pressure changes ). Despite this, the use of such patches, like any other medicines, during pregnancy, it is necessary to pre-discuss with the attending physician. Pregnant women fear to apply any drug drugs to not harm the baby. The composting of the headache includes several oils, which are safe and have a negative impact on the intrauterine development of the fetus. However, the plaster should be used with caution, since some women can cause individual intolerance ( Allergic reaction ). As a rule, the plaster from the headache does not cause addiction and does not cause exacerbations of toxicosis.
The plaster is a transdermal agent ( Acts through the skin ) and consists of three layers ( Adhesive base, gel layer with active substances, protective film ). The headache is applied on the principle of cold compress, which is glued to the forehead, the area of the temples or the back of the neck in such a way that it does not come into contact with hair and clothing. The plaster has a cooling effect due to the incoming Menthol oil. Also, menthol oil removes pain syndrome and tones vessels. The necessary effect is achieved almost immediately ( For 15 - 20 minutes ) and continues for six hours. The composition of the patchwork from headaches is often the essential oils of lavender and eucalyptus. Lavender oil has an antispasmodic effect, anesthetic and relaxing. Eucalyptus oil has a pronounced painful effect. The complex influence of all ingredients provides the rapid effect of the patch, contributing to the reassurance of the nervous system, removing musculature spasms, reduce headaches.
Is the "asterisk" balsam from headaches applied during pregnancy?
Balm "Star" can be applied from headaches during pregnancy as a symptomatic agent. The main task of Balzam is to relieve symptoms. There are no clinical data on the safety of "asterisks" during pregnancy, since no studies have been conducted on its influence on the intrauterine development of the fetus and the mother's body. Therefore, before use, it is necessary to consult with a doctor who will help assess the need to apply "asterisks" and reveal possible contraindications ( Individual intolerance, damage or skin disease ). With special care balm it is recommended to use those women who are prone to the development of various allergic reactions. This is due to the fact that the "asterisk" has an irritating effect and instead of the medicinal effect can cause allergies. Before applying Balzam on the skin, it is recommended to apply a small amount on the inner side of the wrist and trace the reaction. It is important that over 24 hours does not appear redness, irritation, burn. Pregnant women often have increased sensitivity to many substances, which did not have a reaction to pregnancy. A woman may have a strong allergic reaction that can become dangerous for both future mom and child. Therefore, in any case, with a "asterisk" you need to handle carefully.
The basis of the Balzam "Star" is Vaseline. It also includes such essential oils as camphor, eucalyptus, mint, clove, cinnamon. Due to local irritation of sensitive skin cells, balsam helps to improve blood flow in the field of application and reduce headaches. With headache, balm is applied, as a rule, on whiskey, forehead or head. Before applying the Balzam "Asterisk", it is necessary to carry out a test for sensitivity and learn all the warnings, after consulting with the attending physician.
Headache for pregnancy
Enjoying the fetus - a large load on the body.
Why a headache hurts
During pregnancy, all organs and systems go into reinforced work. At the same time, the future mother often experiences experiences about the future child. Against the background of this develop headaches. There are several reasons for their occurrence:
- an increase in blood pressure - may be due to the existing chronic disease or with a fluid delay in late dates;
- strong weight set - During pregnancy, an increase in body weight should occur gradually, observing certain norms in order to prevent too much load on the vessels, including the brain;
- reduced blood pressure - arises
due tochronic diseases or redistribution of blood from the upper bodies to the bottom: in the uterus;
- lack of beneficial substances - The need for vitamins and minerals in pregnant women increases several times, so they are advised to accept additionally;
- stress - Pregnant women often experience experiences
due toof his condition or anxiety for the future child;
- Chronic pathology - ORVI, osteochondrosis, kidney and eye damage can lead to an increase in pressure, temperature, or shifting of nerve endings, which provokes pain;
- Weather change - Pregnant women often become meteurically sensitive and seriously experiencing jumps of air temperature or pressure.
To establish the cause of headaches mayor. For this, pregnant needs to come to his gynecologist and receive from him a direction for a survey or consultation of a narrow specialist.
Complaints of pain in the head of the head are considered by doctors as a subjective feeling of the patient. To search for the causes of this state and purpose of competent therapy, you need to be diagnosed. If a headache is hurting during pregnancy, women are prescribed:
- blood pressure control - allows you to notice a tendency to increase or decrease;
- general blood analysis - will show the presence of an inflammatory or infectious process;
- general urine analysis - will indicate the presence of the pathology of the excretory system;
- EEG - The study of the electrical activity of the brain will allow to identify the damage to the nervous system;
- Ultrasound of the vessels of the brain - discovers vascular pathology;
- MRI of the cervical vertebrae (except
1sttrimester) - Show osteochondrosis.
After the full examination, the doctor selects an individual treatment scheme in accordance with the pregnancy and the presence of chronic diseases. An independent purpose of drugs is unacceptable and can lead to complications.
How to facilitate the state
Pregnant women are allowed to consume a limited amount of preparations. From headaches you can take:
But-shp.(DROTAVERIN) - removes vessel spasms;
- Paracetamol, Nurofen, Citramon - Reduces the temperature, has an elelgeery effect;
- Kozoten - Reduces blood pressure.
When pain appear
Headaches often appear during pregnancy. Independent treatment may not bring the desired effect and worsen the situation! Therefore, it is worth finding out the cause of pain and select drugs along with the doctor. This will help improve well-being without risk for mom and child.Dear patients!
Remember that to put an accurate diagnosis, identify the causes and nature of the disease, only a qualified doctor can assign efficient treatment. Sign up for reception to our specialists or call a doctor at home you can by phone
Vasilyev Arina Vladimirovna Record Neurologist, angiooremologist
Gavrilova Alexandra Vladimirovna Record Neurologist, psychiatrist
Dellalov Nikolai NikolayevichChisate Neurologist, manual therapist, candidate of medical sciences, doctor of the highest category
Dyachenko Ekaterina Aleksandrovna Record Neurologist
Maltseva Marina Arnoldna
Neurologist, specialist in the field of extrapyramidal pathologies, doctor of the highest category
Shabunina Ekaterina Mikhailovna
Neurologist, 2 category
Headache - Frequent symptom, which manifests itself during pregnancy. During this period, it is worth paying special attention to well-being, since the state of the mother is reflected on the proper development of the fetus. Acute pains may be a consequence of insufficient blood circulation, as well as diseases of the internal organs, lifestyle or external environmental factors. Specialists of the Clinical Institute of the Brain argue that each case should be examined separately. Despite the fact that this symptom is often not considered a reason to appeal to a doctor, it can signal the dangerous violations. Only the full diagnosis will allow you to identify violations in time and begin the treatment of headaches.
1. Possible causes of headaches during pregnancy
1.1 in the first trimester
1.2 in the second trimester
1.3 in the last trimester
2. Headache treatment methods
Possible causes of headaches during pregnancy
Headaches are manifested by more than a third of women during pregnancy, most patients did not complain about similar symptoms. If discomfort occurs against the background of fatigue accompanies toxicosis, it will pass simultaneously with other clinical signs. Special danger represent cases in which headache occurs simultaneously with nausea and vomiting, blood pressure jumps, a decrease in visual acuity and even fainting. All of these factors should be a reason to appeal to the doctor, since they can influence the normal development of the fetus.
The causes of headaches in pregnant women may differ. The doctors of the Clinical Institute of the Brain will be able to pre-define them already on the primary inspection. This will require information on the conditions of pain, its duration, character and localization, as well as the conditions for its disappearance. The most frequent reason is a migraine. Under this term, they understand the sharp, pulsating pain, which arises suddenly and spreads half or the entire surface of the head. It is accompanied by nausea, dizziness, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and the visual apparatus. The predisposing factors to its appearance can become:
- sharp change in temperature and humidity, weather change;
- nervous stress, stressful situations;
- chronic fatigue, lack of normal sleep and wake mode;
- Prolonged impact of trigger factors, including bright light or loud sounds.
Another kind - This is a voltage headache (GBN) . This is a condition that is characterized by local painful sensations that begin in the occipital or frontal fraction, and then apply to the entire surface of the head. They can be of different intensity, but do not cause nausea - in this and consists of their main difference from migraine. Their cause often becomes emotional stress and stress, as well as excessive physical or mental load. Pain in most cases arises after awakening and gradually enhanced during the day. Its duration is from 30 minutes to several days, but it is easily fastened with painkillers.
Cluster headaches (KGB) - This is a separate variety. They manifest themselves with good health, without a visible reason, can continue from 15-20 minutes to an hour. They are sharp, pulsating, localized at a certain point and do not apply to the entire surface of the head. Their characteristic feature is frequency. Such pains may arise several times a day or a week, but with equal intervals.
Headaches during pregnancy are also associated with the following states:
- hormonal disorders and natural changes;
- diseases associated with blood pressure jumps;
- Toxicosis of pregnant women and associated dehydration;
- Incorrect meals with a predominance of oily or sweet food, as well as a not enough complete diet;
- Increased air gas supply, long stay in the stuffy room.
Headaches may also be symptoms of solar chronic diseases that are exacerbated during pregnancy. Hypertension, intracranial pressure changes, vascular pathologies - all these problems can manifest itself, since the body is experiencing significant loads. It is also worth understanding that the solar cranopy and brain herbs that have long ceased to disturb the patient may become the cause of headaches during pregnancy.
In the first trimester
Headaches in the first trimester of pregnancy - frequent phenomenon. In the body of a woman there are significant changes to which he still has to be adapted. Among the reasons that may cause headaches in early pregnancy, can be allocated:
- An increase in the total blood volume in the vessels - it creates additional pressure, it causes a stretching of vascular walls;
- increasing the concentration of hormones (estrogen, progesterone), which can cause vascular tone fluctuations;
- Correction of lifestyle and nutrition, refusal of some products and bad habits - these changes also require the adaptation period;
- Early toxicosis is the reaction of immune mechanisms on the fruit.
Early is toxicosis, which occurs until 12-13 weeks. During this period, pregnancy occurs more often without clinical manifestations, but some women complain of headache, nausea and general weakness. This reaction is caused by the response of the immune system to form the fetus. Normally, there is a blocking of some mechanisms that perceive it as an alien protein, but this process can also be accompanied by headache and discomfort.
In the second trimester
The second trimester of pregnancy is less dangerous period. Some women still complain about toxicosis and other side effects, but, in general, the adaptation mechanisms are already enough formed. If headaches begin to occur during this period, it is worth paying attention to the well-being - a symptom can signal about dangerous violations. These include:
- Glaucoma - a group of diseases under which an increase in intraocular pressure is observed;
- Sinusitis - inflammatory processes in the apparent sinuses of the nose;
- inflammation of the brain and its shells;
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine - a disease that manifests itself with a decrease in metabolic processes in hyaline cartilage and its gradual destruction, which leads to squeezing the nerves and vessels;
- Diseases of the kidneys and urinary system - the cause of the accumulation of excess fluid in the body.
Not every case of headaches must cause concern. If discomfort lasts 5 days and more, accompanied by a decrease in visual acuity by either the rigidity of the muscles of the backbone, it is worth directing to the doctor. In other cases, the symptom may be a consequence of overwork or physical stress, lack of a day.
In the last trimester
In the last trimension of pregnancy, headaches can develop in some, including physiological, reasons. An increase in body weight leads to an increase in the bends of the spinal column. In such a state, the risk of squeezing blood vessels, which carry blood saturated with oxygen in the brain is increasing. The result of such a state is tissue hypoxia, which manifests itself by a deterioration of general well-being and headache. In addition, a decrease in the level of physical activity also causes deterioration in blood circulation. Even in the third trimester it is worth paying attention to light physical activity.
In some cases, the headache is caused by nervous stress and stress associated with the upcoming births. The emotional state of the mother should remain stable, otherwise it may affect the proper development of the fetus. However, such headaches are considered the least dangerous - they are not associated with serious internal disorders and are treated with conservative methods.
Late toxicosis (Gesters) is a complication of pregnancy. Nausea, swelling, headaches on the third trimester can not be considered an option for the norm. In addition, this condition can threaten both the health of the mother and the development of the fetus in the last stages. You can diagnose with three characteristic symptoms:
- the appearance of edema;
- The presence of protein in the urine.
Gestoses can be associated with the insufficiency of the urinary system and kidney disease. Nephropathy can be diagnosed to significantly increase blood pressure - this symptom may be absent during pregnant women.
One of their most dangerous manifestations of late toxicosis is eclampsia. This is a rare form, which is manifested by convulsive cuts of muscles and loss of consciousness in response to any stimulus. They may become a flash of light or a loud sound. Preeclampsia is less dangerous condition, but it can also harm the health of the mother and child. It proceeds without convulsive syndrome, and its main symptoms become acute headache, dizziness, feeling of gravity in the forehead area and in the occipital part. In addition, during the attack, there is a violation of sight: a paddle appears in front of the eyes, different points, in some cases - temporary blindness. Additionally, there are complaints of nausea and vomiting, pain in the right hypochondrium. In such cases, pregnancy should proceed in a hospital, so that the doctors can relieve convulsions and remove intoxication without harm to the health of mother and fetus.
Headache treatment methods
Doctors of the Clinical Institute of the Brain argue - Headache is dangerous. At the same time, hypoxia and necrosis of nervous cells are gradually developing. However, medication methods cannot be completely harmless - a list of drugs permitted during pregnancy is rather narrow and eliminating potent means. Doctors of the Clinical Institute of the Brain offer a simple list of rules that will help get rid of light headaches.
- Massage - one of the best ways to relax tense muscles, establish blood flow and restore metabolic processes in tissues. In this case, it is necessary to massage not only the points of the head in which soreness occurs. It is better to contact a specialist and go through a common course of massage.
- Compresses - one way to quickly remove pain. To do this, you can use the cutting of the fabric moistened in cold water, or attach ice cubes. The cold action should not be long, 5-10 minutes is enough. Such compresses tone vessels and have an analgesic effect.
- Abundant drink - it is better to choose a simple water or green tea. Even if the swelling of the limbs is observed, this is not a reason to abandon the use of fluid.
- Medicines - they must be taken only with the permission of the doctor. There are painkillers permitted during pregnancy. These include paracetamol derivatives (but-shpa, efferralgan). Aspirin, analgin and their analogues during this period are not recommended.
When a light headache appears, time to relax. Next, it is recommended to ventilate the room, get rid of the sources of any sharp odors. Hiking in a comfortable pace can help establish blood circulation and relieve headaches. At home it is worth trying to fall asleep - in most cases discomfort disappears immediately after awakening.
For proper treatment, it is necessary to undergo a full diagnosis. All conditions for its holding are in the Clinical Institute of the Brain. Doctors annually take a huge number of women with headaches during pregnancy caused by various reasons.
Clinical Institute of Brain
Headache during pregnancy can occur even in a healthy woman. However, the incorrect lifestyle, overeating, the presence of chronic diseases or old injuries increase the likelihood of this symptom. The clinical institution of the brain specializes in the treatment of headaches caused by any pathologies. There are all conditions for full-fledged diagnostics and the possibility of observing patients under a hospital.
Rating: 4/five - 9VotesShare Articles on Social Networks
Other articles on the topic:
Migraine during pregnancy
Migraine is a headache that can cause strong suffering from a woman. It may be so strong that vomiting arises, weakness, partial loss of vision, the woman becomes better only in a dark room, isolated from all sorts of sounds. Headache during pregnancy associated with migraine, originally arises in one part of the head.
Migraine pain can last a few hours. If they are not treated, pains can last a whole day or even two. Migraine is a fairly unpredictable disease, especially during pregnancy, so you need to establish control over it.
Causes of migraine
The exact reason that causes headaches on the type of migraine, unknown. But the doctors believe that migraine, apparently, is associated with changes in the nerve receptors, the exchange of neurochemical substances and an increased influx of blood into the brain.
Researchers believe that excessively excited brain cells stimulate the emission of chemicals. These substances irritate blood vessels located on the surface of the brain. Irritation causes blood vessels to swell and stimulate pain syndrome.
Estrogen, as doctors believes, also plays an important role in the development of migraine. That is why during pregnancy, menstruation and in the period of menopause, the lack or oversupply hormone estrogen often causes headacles.
Diary of pregnant and migraine provocateurs tracking
A pregnant woman is far from always under the control of the doctor. Therefore, it is important for her to make a complete picture of his headaches. For this, experts recommend to keep a diary. It needs to record important information that will be done for a doctor a picture of migraine is clearer.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy - not the only thing that migraine can cause. Most women suffer due to a combination of stimuli, which cause headaches on the type of migraine. For example, stress, missed meals, absence or lack of sleep can cause migraine. And here's another important point: what migraine causes today can not be completely disturbed by a pregnant woman the next day.
Headache diary will help the future mom to track irritants and how pain repeats. This will help the doctor to make a decision about what treatment will work better to reduce specific pain symptoms. It will also help to recognize those stimuli, which can be avoided during pregnancy.
Every time a pregnant woman hurts, you need to record the following:
- Specific symptoms: where the pain is manifested, what is the character of this pain, is there other symptoms, such as vomiting or sensitivity to noise, smells, bright light
- When the headache begins and ends (time of day, duration)
- What food and drinks pregnant ate and saw for two days before migraine, were new foods in the diet
- Any environmental changes, such as travel, moving to a new place, change the weather,
- Any treatment that pregnant used herself helped whether it helped or made a headache even worse
Products that can provoke headache (migraine) in pregnant
- Products that contain preservatives (sodium glutamate) and nitrates
- Aspartame - Sugar substitute in chocolate, cakes and candies
Migraine diagnostics for pregnant women
Headaches caused by complications during pregnancy, the doctor will be able to better diagnose if it provides the information that was recorded in the diary. In addition, the doctor would be important to know if someone had suffered from migraine in the patient's family (Mom, Grandma).
CT and other tests that concern X-ray radiation during pregnancy are not recommended due to potential risk for the fetus.
Migraine drugs in pregnant women
Headache for pregnancy treatment suggests insension. If you are pregnant or plan to get pregnant soon, the doctor will first advise you to stay away from medication. Before you take, you will have to weigh the effect of the drug on your future child.
Many drugs against migraine during pregnancy should be avoided - because they are associated with congenital defects in children. Some other medicines can negatively affect the course of pregnancy and cause a complication from a woman. For example, some of them can cause bleeding, miscarriage or intrauterine delay in the growth of the fetus - a condition in which the uterus and fruit cannot develop normally. Nonteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including aspirin, can cause the risk of bleeding and miscarriage. There is also a risk of complications of blood pressure in a child if taking anti-inflammatory and painkillers in the third trimester of pregnancy. For example, aspirin can lead to excessive blood loss of the mother during childbirth.
Ergotamines are designed specifically for the treatment of migraine. However, the headache for pregnancy treatment with these drugs is not recommended. They increase the risk of innate child defects, especially if they take them in the first trimester of pregnancy. These drugs can also stimulate the cuts in the uterus and premature labor.
But in extreme cases, to remove a headache during pregnancy, you still need to take medicine. Anesthetic, which are called analgesics, can help alleviate strong headaches during migraine. Paracetamol is considered a low risk preparation for pregnancy. Most NSPIDs, including ibuprofen and naproxen, can also help, but risks after their reception during pregnancy is difficult to calculate.
Narcotic anesthetic pregnant women should be avoided. They cause a double risk of narcotic drug addiction - both Mothers and infants, if used strong painkillers for a long time.
Relatively safe drugs for migraine during pregnancy include antidepressants (for example, amitriptyline and fluoxetine). There is another class of drugs to eliminate migraine symptoms. They are called beta-blockers, they include preparations such as propranolol, atenolol, labetalol, which are relatively safe for pregnant women.
Preventive treatment of migraine
If the future mother has severe, constantly repeating pain attacks, prophylactic treatment can remove the headache during pregnancy or reduce the symptoms of headaches. If a woman is pregnant, always worth talking to the doctor before taking any medicine or the means of traditional medicine. Migraine prevention measures include the diary of its symptoms. If you find that some factors (lifestyle, food, drinks) provoke migraine attacks, you should avoid them.
Stress headache in pregnant women
The headache of the voltage in pregnant women is manifested as pain and discomfort in the head of the head, especially the hair of it, or neck. The headache of the voltage in pregnant women is usually associated with spasms and clips of the muscles in these areas.
Causes of pain voltage in pregnant women
Head pains of stress in pregnant women may arise at any age, but most often found in women of 30-40 years.
If the headache in a pregnant woman occurs two or more times a week for several weeks or longer, it is considered chronic. Chronic daily headache can be a consequence of non-treated primary headaches.
Head stress pains can be a reaction to stress, depression, head injuries, or elevated anxiety.
Any pregnant woman who leads to the headache of tension, needs to be discussed with the doctor. Maybe a woman just should change the type of activity, and the headache will be held by itself without drugs. These classes, provoking the pain pain, can be work at a computer, work with papers, with tools requiring eye stress and neck, for example, a long-lasting look into the microscope. Sleep in a cold room or a sleep in the wrong position can also cause tension headache.
Other stress headache triggers in pregnant women include:
- Alcohol consumption
- Caffeine (too much or abruptly cancel it)
- Cold, flu or sinusitis
- Dental problems such as jaw compressions and teeth crossed
- Eye tension
- Excessive smoking
- Fatigue or mental overvoltage
Head pains of stress in pregnant women can also arise if the woman has already experienced a migraine. Good news for pregnant women: tension headaches are not associated with brain diseases.
Symptoms of tension headache
- Squeezing the head, as if visets, as well as pulling headache
- Hurt both parts of the head
- It hurts only one part of the head or a certain point.
- Huricides the skin of the head, its top or back of the neck, pain can give in shoulders
The headache of the voltage can continue from 30 minutes to 7 days. It can be caused by stress, fatigue, noise or bright light.
Attention: Unlike migraine, headaches of stress usually do not cause nausea or vomiting.
Pregnant women with voltage headaches, as a rule, try to remove pain, massaging their heads or lower neck.
Diagnosis of tension headache in pregnant women
If the headache varies from mild to moderate, not accompanied by any other symptoms, from massage and after rash in a relaxed atmosphere, it can pass within a few hours. Then pregnant women do not need further examination. But if headaches of tension, despite the prevention, continue, need blood and urine tests, as well as examinations of the doctor and survey. It is also necessary to measure the pregnant blood pressure. Further examination will depend on the general picture of the disease - perhaps the doctor will send you to other specialists - Laura or orthopedic.
Medicines that can facilitate the headache of the voltage include
- Paintal, such as aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol
- Anesthetic, for example, but-shpa or spasmalgon
- Miorlaxants, such as Tizandine (only on the recommendation of the doctor)
Remember that painkillers cannot remove the headache during pregnancy, but only facilitate the symptoms for a short period of time. After a while they can no longer work. Excessive use of painkillers is greater than during the week, can lead the headaches with pregnant women.
The best medicine from headaches during pregnancy is healthy sleep, fresh air and calm.
, , 
Cluster headache in pregnant women is a one-sided headache that can begin greatly and continue short. Pain symptoms can constantly and disturb pregnant all over toal.
Cluster headaches are not dangerous for life and usually do not cause irreversible changes in the brain of pregnant women. Nevertheless, they are chronic and often very painful, disturbing the quality of life of a pregnant woman. Sometimes the pain head can be so strong that the woman can do nothing, it is very bad.
, , , , , 
The headaches of a cluster nature are four times more common in men than women. Nevertheless, pregnant women suffer from them in 20% of cases. Scientists do not know exactly what cluster headaches are assumed, it is assumed that this is due to the sudden emissions in the blood of hormone hormones and serotonin. The section of the brain - hypothalamus - sensitively reacts to this and transmits a pain signal through pain receptors.
Causes of cluster attacks
- Alcohol and smoking
- Big height (for example, airfare)
- Bright light (including sunlight)
- Emotional tension
- Excessive heat (hot weather, hot baths)
- Products with high nitrite content (for example, bacon and canned meat, smoked sausage)
, , , 
Symptoms of cluster headaches in pregnant women
Cluster headache begins as a strong and sudden headache. Headache most often amazes a pregnant woman in 2-3 hours after she falls asleep. However, cluster headache may occur during wakefulness. It usually manifests itself at the same time day.
Cluster headache most often occurs on one side of the head. It can be described as:
- Pain may occur in the eyes, in the eye day, in the area around the eyes.
- Head pain can spread on one side of the face from Neck to the temples
- Eyes and nose on the same side as headache, can also suffer. It can be:
- Swelling under the eyes or around the eyes (they can influence both eyes)
- Red eyes
- Rhinitis (runny nose) or unilateral nasal congestion (on the same side as a headache)
- Flushed face
Duration and frequency of cluster headaches in pregnant women
Headaches usually last from thirty minutes to two hours, and the average headache duration is 45 minutes. Sometimes strong headaches may pass in just ten minutes, and in some rare cases, headaches can last within a few hours. The pain can quickly enhance, reaching a maximum within 5 -10 minutes.
Headaches are called so because attacks - "clusters" continue for four to eight cycles per week. The frequency of attacks varies depending on the characteristics of each pregnant. Some women experience six cases of strong headaches per day, while others are just one cluster headache per week. In 85 percent cases, headaches will disturb the pregnant woman at the same time day during the entire cycle.
Some studies show that the older woman, the greater the risks that it will suffer during pregnancy from chronic strong headaches.
Cluster headaches may occur 1 time per day for a month, alternating with periods without pain (episodic headache), or can be repeated during the entire period of pregnancy (chronic headache).
, , , , 
Your attending physician can diagnose this type of headache by asking questions about symptoms and your overall health.
If a medical examination is carried out during an attack of pain, it will be easier to determine the nature of the occurrence.
MRI of the head may be needed in extreme cases to exclude other causes of headaches in a pregnant woman.
During pregnancy, many pregnant drugs are taking unsafe, so the doctor may advise you to limit ourselves to anti-inflammatory pills or herbs, as well as painkillers. Accessories and aromatherapy, head massage and neck can also be used.
Pregnant can be appointed oxygen cocktails, peace, rest, healthy sleep.
, , , 
It is impossible to submit a person who has never experienced headaches. According to statistics, women experience this type of pain 20% more often than men. Specialists advise not to endure headaches, as it worsens the quality of life and reduces performance.
At the moment there is a large selection of drugs that are able to effectively get rid of headaches. But how to be pregnant women, if the majority of medicines can not be applied during the period of tooling the child? It has been proven that many drugs can cause certain violations of the child's development, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy (up to 13 weeks).
Let's try to figure out which drugs can be taken pregnant women to effectively get rid of headaches and do not affect the development of the fetus.
Often, the cause of pain can be a spasm of the vessels of the brain, the muscles of the neck or the occipital part of the head.
In such cases, the means that in their composition contains substances, relaxing vessel walls. Due to this, there is an increase in the diameter of the vessels, the blood circulation is normalized.
It is important to know that this group of drugs is effective with tension headaches.
Antispasmodics are the safest group of painkillers during pregnancy.
"But-shpa" ("DROTAVERIN") is a drug that promotes the relaxation of smooth muscular cells. This drug affects not only the wall of the vessels, but also on the cells of the intestine, the biliary system, the urinary system, the uterus. It is for this reason "but-shp" successfully applied during pregnancy with an increased tone of the uterus.
Thanks to numerous studies, it was revealed that this medicine does not have a negative effect on the fruit, does not cause malformations.
Application must be in permissible therapeutic doses, as the dosage excess may result in side effects:
- Reduced pressure (up to a fainted condition).
- Violation of cardiac rhythm (heartbeat).
- The appearance of a tendency to constipate (by reducing the intestinal peristals).
Contraindication to use is the individual sensitivity to the active substance, hypotension from 90/60 mm Hg.st. and below, tachycardia from 110 ° C / min.
Forbidden to use during pregnancy, the combined spaskemalgesic products, which, in addition to the antispasmodic component, contain another active ingredient - analgesic. These drugs include "Spasmalgon", "Andipal".
One of the reasons for the appearance of headaches is to increase pressure. For pregnant women, this situation is most relevant for a number of reasons:
- an increase in circulating blood during gestation almost 40%;
- The development of gestosis for which the pressure increase is characterized, as well as a fluid delay in the body;
- reinforced load on the cardiovascular system;
- The aggravation of existing chronic kidney diseases, hearts.
Increased pressure is manifested by the pains most pronounced in the occipital region. Perhaps the feeling of gravity in the head, the flashes "flies in front of the eyes."
Among the allowed hypotensive drugs of the central action are isolated ("SUPPORT"), the solution of "magnesium sulfate" ("Magnesia").
"Support" affects alpha-adrenoreceptors located in the brain.
It can be applied during the period of having a child for a number of reasons:
- There is no negative impact on the development of the fetus.
- Preserved adequate uterine-placental blood flow.
"Magnesia". When a pregnant headache associated with high pressure, good effectiveness has Magnesium sulfate solution. In addition, it is a tocolic (reduces the tone of the uterus), contributes to the removal of fluid from the body (at edema).
This medicine is successfully applied in obstetrics, it is especially necessary if pregnant gestosis has, as it affects many stones of pathogenesis.
The main method of administration is intravenous infusion, less often intramuscularly
If necessary, the tableted grades of magnesium ("Magnerot", "Magnelis", "Magne-B6") are prescribed. Their action is manifested gradually, the duration of therapy is from 10 to 30 days.
This drug group is capable of getting rid of moderate intensity without harm for the state of the fetus.
The drug penetrates through the placental barrier, but according to the conducted Paracetamol research does not have toxic and teratogenic effects (no development anomalies) on the fruit. It should be remembered that the reception of this drug must be limited.
Analogues of Paracetamol are "Panadol", Efferoralgan.
A group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory funds is not recommended for use during gestation. However, if the head hurts very much, and other drugs do not help, then follow the following rules:
- Avoid the use of equipment based on analgin as the most toxic of all drugs of this group.
- It is not recommended to take combined analgesics that contain several components that eliminate pain. These include: "Pentalgin", "Kaffetin", "Salpadein".
- It is better to prefer drugs with one active substance (preferably based on paracetamol).
- Try not to take two or more tablets in one day, as well as avoid long-term reception.
- If possible, avoid taking tablets in the first trimester when the formation of organs and fetus systems occurs.
Given the small selection of drugs to relieve headaches during pregnancy, you should give preference to alternative methods.
It is proved that the fingers from the frontal part of the head to the occipital (only in one direction) contributes to the elimination of the stagnation of venous blood in the sinus of the brain. This is explained by the presence of vein-perforant on the surface of the head that are associated with venous sinus.
Such massage for 15 minutes can significantly reduce pain syndrome, up to its complete elimination.
For details on how to get rid of headaches with massage, look in the video:
Especially effective if the head hurts due to the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. After all, there are vertebral artery in the cervical department, the compression of which can cause painful pain in the head.
The impact on certain points of our body leads to the activation of some physiological processes. Thus, with a headache, an easy pressing on the temporal areas on both sides, lightweight arraying movements clockwise can be used.
Council of the doctor
Neck massage can be done only in the form of easy impact on the muscles, stroking, in whose case is not strong. First, movements with intensive pressure will give pain in the muscles. Secondly, there is always the likelihood of the presence of hernia, the massage at which is done very carefully.
Remove the headache will help pressing the following points: at the base of the inside edge of both eyebrows, the center of the Absorption Arc (the place of the outdoor nerve), the middle of the bridge, the point between the base 1 and 2 fingers of the brush of both hands. For each point you need to gently push, 2-3 minutes.
Effectively drink a cup of strong tea with a reduced pressure-tailed headache. Coffee drinks should not be used during pregnancy, as caffeine may cause heartbeat. With caution with diabetes and gestational diabetes mellitus, which is common among pregnant women.
If a pregnant woman often hurts a head, she needs to establish his day of the day. Normalization of sleep and rest is very important. For example, a walk before bed for 15 minutes is very useful. Pains will be much less disturbing, if you pay tribute to your attention.
Contributes to relaxation and improved blood circulation in the body.
Do not get involved in aromatherapy, as some essential oils can cause an allergic reaction.
The reasons due to which the head may be sowed, at the moment, not less than 50 is known. During pregnancy, head pains of stress are most relevant, as well as arising from the pressure lift (for example, with severe gestosis).
Despite such a wide range of drugs available in the pharmacological market, during pregnancy their choice is extremely limited. Therefore, during the baby tooling, before drinking this or that medicine, it is necessary to find out the cause of headaches.
Unsystemic receiving tablets can negatively affect the development of the baby. We must not forget about the serious causes of headaches (vascular aneurysm, pathological convulsion, volume formation of the brain). To understand the mechanisms of pain syndrome, as well as the prescribing the necessary drug will help consult with a gynecologist and therapist.
This article is verified by an existing qualified physicianVictoria Druzhikina
And it can be considered a reliable source of information for users of the site.
Rate how the article is useful.5
Voted 1 person,
Average rating 5.
Did you like the article? Save on the wall so as not to lose!
Ask a doctor's question and receive an obstetric consultation online by an exciting problem in a free or paid mode.
On our website, the apart is working and waiting for your questions more than 2,000 experienced doctors, who daily help users solve their health problems. Be healthy!
The main causes of headaches during pregnancy
As we have already said, headache during pregnancy is a common problem. As statistics shows, it faces more than 25% of women waiting for the birth of a child. Most often, such a pathological condition is observed in the first three months of pregnancy, but it can occur at later deadlines. Certain difficulties are also due to the fact that not all drugs aimed at relieving pain syndrome are safe for the fetus. In this case, the headache, the treatment of which is not conducted, not only brings significant discomfort of the future mother, but also may indicate a number of serious diseases.
First of all, it is necessary to distinguish between primary and secondary headache during pregnancy. The primary form is not related to any pathologies and is due to changes occurring in the body. In the secondary form, the pain syndrome is associated with certain diseases, for example, with hypertension or osteochondrosis.
One of the main reasons for the primary headaches is the hormonal restructuring of the body, especially in the first months of pregnancy. Promoting the occurrence of pain syndrome can also stress and overwork, meteo-dependence, insufficient sleep duration, large interruptions between meals. Many pregnant women impose complaints of headaches when they are in insufficiently well-ventilated premises.
In some cases, the headache during pregnancy can be provoked by even the use of certain foods, for example, containing caffeine or a large number of spices.
Very often, painful syndrome during pregnancy is associated with migraine. Distinctive features of pain will be its parietal character, one-sided localization, as well as pronounced intensity. In addition, sometimes with migraines, there is a phenomenon as an aura. Aura is a complex of disorders preceding headaches or appearing with it simultaneously. It is characterized by visual, sensitive, olfactory or any other violations.
Another common form of headaches during pregnancy is the headache of the voltage. Pain syndrome has a stupid character and covers the whole head. Its occurrence is associated with mental or physical overwork, stress.
In 2017, the results of the study of scientists from Syktyvkarian State University were published. Their goal was the clinical characteristics of cefalgia in pregnant women in the Komi Republic for the period from 2014 to 2016. According to the appeal to the neurologist. Over the years, 169 pregnant patients were registered with complaints about headaches. In 17.8% of them, pain syndrome was associated with migraine without aura, in 8.9% - with classical migraine (with aura). In 52.7% of patients, the tension headache was diagnosed, and at 13.6 - a combination of migraine with a headache of voltage.
Secondary headache is most often developed against the background of the late toxicosis. Pathological gain of body weight, hypertensive disease, degenerative-dystrophic changes in the cervical spine, inflammation of the shells of the brain, the apparent sinuses of the nose - all these and many other pathologies lead to the emergence of secondary pain syndrome.
Question: "Muffed constant headaches (15 weeks), how to escape? Endocrinologist said to drink just sweet tea and drinking magnesium. Does not save. "
Replies Igor Ivanovich Guzov , obstetrician-gynecologist, Ph.D., chief physician of the CIR.
Of course, the neuropathologist is needed here in order to figure out. Any headaches during pregnancy we estimate as a factor that requires to deal with it.
Sometimes there is a transient period when the entire vascular system adapts to pregnancy. And during pregnancy, sufficiently significant hemodynamic changes inside the body of the woman occur. Because, on the one hand, the tone of vessels falls, that is, the vessels are revealed, the peripheral resistance of blood flow drops. On the other hand, the cardiac emission increases, the shock volume, minute volume, increases the pulse rate.
That is, certain vascular changes inside the body are, and against the background of some predispositions sometimes there are in 15-17 weeks of headaches.
There is a variant of such - strong coffee. Previously, it was believed that he was contraindicated. Here you already understand that in the morning you can drink a cup of good coffee, because it often removes this symptoms. And you can add aspirin in the dosage of up to 100 milligrams.
That is, strong coffee or strong tea in the morning with the addition of this small tablet aspirin to 100 milligrams - can effectively remove this headache so that it does not torment you. Because if there is a painful state that you worry, it is very bad.
And if it does not help, then in the reserve there should be a preparation paracetamol, if you take non-steroidal anti -ols. In the West, it goes like acetaminophen. Paracetamol is considered the most proven and most secure.
In regular mode, it is impossible to take it certainly. You must always consult with your doctor. If we take our obstetric and gynecological discussions, colleagues communicate with each other and share experiences, just this question often rises. If a headache or some pain arises, what can you? If we start sorting out, nothing can not!
And now we recently had such a very good discussion where doctors participated from different countries and still came to the conclusion that after all, if the drug was used, the one that is best described and which is known. This is paracetamol.
It is believed that if the patient sometimes headache, she will, let's say, will drink paracetamol, the headache will disappear. The patient, at least relax, sleep, will do something around the house and so on. Because it does not happen worse when there is no lumen, and now this headache is strengthened, it is weakened and then goes ...
That is, this is such symptomatic therapy as a strong tea or strong coffee, combined with a non-steroidal any analgesic (this may be the low-volume aspirin or a small dose of paracetamol) is quite effective in order to reduce these vascular pain. But, most importantly, do not miss some kind of hidden pathology, which may be on this background.
I would pay attention to it
Many women are experiencing headaches during pregnancy. Below we will tell about what reasons she can arise and how to get rid of it, without causing harm to himself and the child. By the way, the treatment of headaches in the first, second and third trimesters can differ significantly.
Why is the head of the head during pregnancy: the main reasons
With Cefalgia (headache) during pregnancy, each fifth woman is familiar - the statistics says so. Most often, Cefalgia makes itself felt in the first trimester, although some pregnant women suffer from her at later. There are so many different reasons for headaches - ranging from insignificant and temporary problems to serious chronic pathologies. Let's try to figure it out - why the head may hurt during pregnancy and what needs to be done.
The main causes of headaches during pregnancy are:
- Changes in hormonal background, which are absolutely natural for the body of pregnant; At the same time, the level of estrogen and the hormone of pregnant progesterone increases, which affects the tone of the vessels; If the level of estrogen (in particular, the estriot) increases beyond the limits of the norm, this may cause vessel spasms, as indicated by headache and dizziness;
- Reaction to atmospheric weather phenomena: with magnetic storms, cloud weather on the eve of rain or snow can occur blood pressure; With its sharp decrease or increase and headaches arise;
- Strong loads and overwork;
- stress or emotional experiences;
- Hunger or thirst;
- finding in stuffy or poorly sprocket rooms;
- Sleep problems: it can be both insomnia, and too long (more than 10 hours) sleep;
- Disorders of the posture due to overpressive body, volume stomach during pregnancy (as a rule, such a problem occurs in late terms);
- consumption of certain products, especially - containing caffeine (strong tea, coffee, large portion of chocolate);
- Some states and diseases: Vegeth-vascular dystonia, viral diseases (flu, ORVI), toothache, osteochondrosis and other pathologies arising in cervical vertebrae.
How and when a headache may appear in pregnant
Cefalgia can manifest itself in the most different sensations: some of them will resemble sharp and sharp pain, some kind of stupid or new. Depending on the symptoms, it is possible to guess what caused pain.
- Pain that arises due to voltage It is distinguished by monotony: it is a difficult feeling that the head is strongly pulled by the bandage. With such a pain, there is a stressful state in the neck and nape (you can put these places and clearly determine where the pain points are located), as well as in the zones and eyes. Such a state may be accompanied by nausea, but without vomiting. Discomfort is usually felt for half an hour, maximum - two hours. The cause of stress pain becomes either banal fatigue - physical or intellectual, or strong stress, accompanied by nervous exhaustion.
- Migraine It has a special difference from other types of headaches - with it there is a pulsation in a certain part of the head, severity and pressure in the eye area. In this case, often arise not just problems with vision, but even hallucinations (visual or auditory). If you try to move a little to get rid of the symptoms, then their manifestation will increase. Sometimes migraine may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Symptoms are held for quite a long time: from a few hours to several days. The cause of migraine is irritation of nervous plexuses and nodes in the neck and head. It may arise due to pathologies in the cervical separator, diseases of the brain vessels, problems arising in the zone of the apparent nasal sinuses.
- Vascular headache , as well as migraine, is distinguished by ripples in a certain part of the head - the occipital, temporal, dark. The cause of such pain may be jumps of blood pressure, vegetative-vascular dystonia, the problems of the functioning of the cardiovascular system. With hypertension of the brain vessels, spasms are narrowed and experiencing, as a result of which the pain symptom occurs. If a woman is experiencing a hypertensive crisis, then it may have other symptoms - a formation in the zone of the nasolabial triangle, a feeling of gravity in the head, weakness. The noise in the ears and nausea point to the vascular spasms arising in the brain.
How to get rid of symptoms of headaches caused by voltage
During pregnancy, it is necessary to very carefully choose possible ways to eliminate pain syndrome, and it is better to use the trees on a vegetable basis.
- Valerian's infusion or tablets: You can apply this tool in case of headache resulting from stress, overwork, nervous voltage, insomnia.
- There are special plaster-compresses from medicinal herbs headache, they may contain various extracts or their mixes: for example, lavender oils, menthol, eucalyptus. The plasters are usually safe for the fetus, since their components do not penetrate the bloodstream system of pregnant. Usually they have a cooling effect. To use the patch, it is necessary to stick it into the dry skin into the pain area (for example, on the forehead, the temporal or cervical part), but it is better to remove the hair from the gluing area. Hold a plaster from a headache for six hours, not longer, but apply one product once.
- If you know exactly what plant can help you from headaches and will not cause an allergic reaction, you can use it with essential oil added to the aromalamp. It is well suited for such a goal of mint oil, lemon, lavender and eucalyptus, which, besides well remove the symptoms of toxicosis.
What if the headache is caused by narrowing or extending the vessels?
If the headache arose as a result of hypertension, then the main goal should be the narrowing of blood vessels: this will help to achieve a cold compress, supplied on the forehead zone or the occipital part of the neck. You can keep such a compress for no more than 20 minutes. If you need to repeat the procedure, then this can be done in 10 minutes.
On headache, resulting from hypotension, can be affected by a hot compress to expand blood vessels. By the way, if your pregnancy proceeds accompanied by hypotension, then try to hurt enough and is in moderation, in small portions. If the hypotonic crisis found you indoors or at home, take a horizontal position and put a hot compress on the forehead, and if it is impossible, then drink a cup of fastening coffee.
And hypertensive, and hypotoniki preferably in the morning and in the evening take a contrast shower: it will simultaneously tone the skin and vessels, as well as lead blood pressure to normal.
Products capable of helping pregnant when headaches
Good pregnancy of cephalgia during pregnancy is dietary food. If you have migraines to be strong and often arise, then try more carefully to draw up your diet. It is likely that it is the imbalance in the menu and the use of some products provoke your headache.
What products may cause headaches during pregnancy:
- fruits citrus (mandarins, oranges), avocado, bananas;
- Menu of Chinese cuisine;
- liver dishes (pork, beef, chicken);
- Melted cheese.
In addition, imbalance in nutrition and as a result - migraine may occur during starvation, strict dietary diet. If a nutritionist did not appoint you a special menu during pregnancy, do not conduct experiments with the health of the fetus and its own. Try to eat so that all the necessary trace elements and vitamins are present in your diet.
If you are trying to keep the diet for maintaining normal body weight, then a more competent approach will draw up a menu from low-calorie products. You can eliminate flour, sweet, canned, fatty and smoked products, and add fresh vegetables and fruits, fermented milk products (yogurt, kefir, prostroprious), whole grain products, porridge on the water.
The rational nutrition is important for those who cause headaches are vascular problems, since fried and smoked dishes reduce the tone of the vessels and enhance the production of "harmful" cholesterol, which becomes the cause of oxygen starvation and vascular spasms. Therefore, canned, sausage and fast food dishes are generally excluded from use during pregnancy.
Is it possible to use medicinal drugs with headaches?
Yes, some drugs can be applied during pregnancy, and they will help eliminate the symptoms of headaches. However, you should not do an independent choice - it is better to ask for advice to the therapist or a gynecologist so that the doctor chosen the drug from the list, which will not harm or the child nor you.
Yes, some drugs can be applied during pregnancy, and they will help eliminate the symptoms of headaches. However, you should not do an independent choice - it is better to ask for advice to the therapist or a gynecologist so that the doctor chosen the drug from the list, which will not harm or the child nor you.
- Glycine: It will be useful for those who are characterized by the instability of the nervous system, often worries on trifles, who are forced to experience stress and psycho-emotional tension at work, as well as those who feel signs of depression, unstable mood. Glycine will help with signs of vegetual-vascular dystonia, with increased mental loads, insomnia. If your headaches arise because of some kind of above, you can take glycine for prevention in doses allowed during pregnancy.
- In the period of the second and third trimester, after consulting with a doctor for headaches, paracetamol can sometimes be taken. But in the first trimester it is not recommended to be taken (although clinical studies have not confirmed that this remedy negatively affects the state of the fetus). From all available forms, choose not tablets, but rectal suppositories: as a rule, they contain a reduced dosage of the active substance. Prefer child suppositories (as a rule, they are allowed for babies from three months).
- Those who are experiencing a headache under reduced pressure, sometimes cytramon can be taken. However, remember that the preparation contains not only paracetamol, but also caffeine, and aspirin, so more than one tablet per day is contraindicated, because it can affect the state of the fetus.
- Certifying the pulsating pain in the temporal and occipital head of the head will help the preparation of a but-shp or doll (means identical to but-sipes in composition). These painkillers help with strong headaches, with osteochondrosis and migraines, and also remove pain at stress and stressful states.
- When the headache is a consequence of a cold or viral disease, it is possible to use the same tools to remove symptoms that are recommended for young children - Nurofen, Ibuprofen, paracetamol. These symptomatic means simultaneously get rid of pain and are antipyretic. They will put the body temperature, get rid of the screams and spasms. Carefully read the instructions for drugs, some of them have contraindications: in particular, with anemia, renal and liver failure, the use of paracetamol is contraindicated. But even if you have no contraindications, you should not exceed the daily rate allowed during pregnancy, as well as renew the removal of symptoms more than three days. If, after this period, headaches and other symptoms do not reduce their acute, urgently consult a doctor. The reception of the nooofen and ibuprofen is allowed for pregnant women only in the second trime, and at earlier time, these symptomatic means are prohibited.
As long as you are pregnant, all these nine months try to watch your own health. So, when choosing a symptomatic agent, you always carefully read the full text of the instruction on the liner to the drug, look for a place in the text, where it is said about the possibility or prohibit reception during pregnancy. Remember that not only many drugs, but also plant products, including herbs and essential oils, can be dangerous to your health or fetal development. Therefore, if you cope with the headache with the help of aromatherapy sessions or a collar zone massage - it is better to eliminate pain syndrome with their help and without the use of pharmaceutical preparations. And if still the need for the preparation originated - be sure to consult with a gynecologist or therapist before accepting something.
Home therapy Headache during pregnancy
Sometimes it is enough to create a certain atmosphere at home or make a simple procedure to get rid of the headache resulting from overvoltage. We give several recommendations that can help you cope with unpleasant symptoms.
- Well ventilate the room and, if possible, stay in the cool room alone with you and your future baby. Sit in a convenient position, leaning around either on the wall or on the back of the sofa. Turn off the light and delay the dense curtains. Turn on the relaxing music (it can be the natural sounds - the rustle of foliage, the noise of the surf, etc.) and try to relax alternately every part of your body, starting with the stop. Try to send your breath into the foot, feel the energy waves in the zones of stop and palms. Sit in such a relaxed state for at least 10 minutes. Then, the palms are well different and then "will" them several times, and then - carefully scroll the bioactive points on the ears, the occipient part of the neck, massage the forehead. Now it's good to miss the feet - try to walk through each zone, forgetting the heels and places on which Natoptyshs are formed.
- Some of how to cope with Cefalgia helps the stay in the dark quiet room - especially if the bright or simply daylight acts on the eye annoying, provoking the attack of headaches. Such states can often occur in the first trimester, then they pass on their own.
- Take a warm shower and wash the hair with warm water, at the end you can make a contrasting shower in the ICR zone and ankles. Brew tea with chamomile and mint, if you have hypertension, with hypotension - drink black tea with sugar.
- Take a warm shower and wash the hair with warm water, at the end you can make a contrasting shower in the ICR zone and ankles. Brew tea with chamomile and mint, if you have hypertension, with hypotension - drink black tea with sugar.